The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default GOV inspection at Stargate (Dallas)

Yesterday we had a lovely Oldenburg inspection at Stargate Sporthorses in Argyle. Thank goodness for their beautiful indoor, as it has been raining here in N TX for about 6 weeks non-stop!

Results:

Wesser-Ems (Ponies)

"Cardina WH" 4/09 Filly by Telynau Falcon (Welsh) out of Censation WH (Cabalito) Owner Whitehedge Farm Aubrey, TX
    "Twitter" as we call her was just a star for this trip. She was already weaned has been out in the field pretty much unhandled the last 2 months but hopped on the trailer all by herself with no fuss, my kids helped me braid her, and she marched right up to the ring like she had been doing it her whole life! I think she really is a 10 yr old in a foals body!
    Holly also commented on her excellent temperament, and beautiful type. She received a premium

Stallion Licensed:

"Willemoes" 1993 HOL 16.3 Grey stallion by Cantus
    Owned by Hil Cat Farm in Franklinton, LA

This was a lovely older stallion with a very successful performance record in the GP jumpers. I checked out his website this morning, and he looks to be a fantastic producer making beautiful types that are super jumpers! He will be a great addition to the GOV stallion roster!

Mares:

"Pik's Dharma" 08 GOV mare by Prestige (Katie Long, Flower Mound, TX)

Mares w/ foals:

"She is a Belle" - TK owner Vicky Ferrer
    with a filly at side by Farennight (sp. ?)

"Day"- OLD mare by Domiro/Runenstein owner Robert Allison Aubrey, TX
    Beautiful chestnut mare! Lovely mover, beautiful type and substance.
    a fantastic example of a well bred hunter type OLD mare being used specifically for hunter breeding-!
    She had a foal at side by Shine that was also named a premium colt.

Just Rio" HOL by Cicero owner Melissa Scherer of Burleson
    Presented with a lovely colt by Starlight that was named a premium.

"Freire Dimension" owner Ramona Callender
    OLD by Dimension
    Lovely Filly at side by Shamane named a premium.
    This pair traveled all the way from Iowa for this inspection so I think should receive a little extra award of some sort!

"Patience" KWPN mare owner Linda Delwood
    Colt at side by Nassau/ Good improvement on dam

"Millenial Meeting" TB mare owner Brett Synder
    Colt at side by Nassau. Again colt was good improvement on dam.

"A Chorus Line" HAN mare by Acord II/Lombard owner Robert Allison.
    This beautiful mare had a very successful record in the hunter ring, and had a beautiful hunter colt by her side by Carbardino, who was named a premium.

Foals:

The foals presented a very interesting scenario and great story this year!

All 4 foals were out of the same dam, the OLD mare St. Pr. Casablanca. (Escudo I/Calypso II) Owners Eric and Sheryl Lamon of Argyle, TX decided to do embryo transfers on this beautiful mare last year. The first flush produced 3 (!) embryos by Tristarr, all of which were transferred successfully. Then the mare also carried her own foal by Abke. Tragically one of the recip. mares AND and Casablanca died shortly after birth leaving 2 orphans. So needless to say Eric and Cheryl had their hands full with babies this spring!

Her colt by Abke was super- he received a premium and also a Foal of Distinction award.

The 3 foals by Tristarr (Tristan, Trinity and Trilogy) were ALL premium, and one colt ALSO again received the Foal of Distinction award. Tristarr (Crypso) was a danish stallion by Calimero (Calypso II) He stood here in TX, jumped up to GP, showed a bit in dressage then retired to CO. I used him in the beginning of my breeding program several times, and kept his best daughter as one of my foundation mares. (Gandina WH has had 5 prem. foals for me, all of whom have gone on to performance homes.) This underused stallion definitely produced horses with jump.

So WHAT an accomplishment for the Lamons and their mare! Huge congratulations to them!
    I cannot imagine a better ending to a very tragic breeding season for them. She certainly left them with a wonderful legacy!

Rain nonstop for six weeks.
    Unbelievable.

Wow that one breeder lost the donar mare and one surrogate. How tragic.

Glad to see a proven jumper stallion was approved.

Will there photos online?

Sadly no pictures- there was not a photographer there, only videographer- I usually take pictures but was busy helping announce this year, so don't even have one of my own filly!