The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you pay for chiro?

I just called about getting my horse into the chiro and they quoted me at $80for an adjustment. Now I've never done this before so I'm not really sure what a reasonable price is. Also I'm in a very rural area so I understand that they might be more expensive since I'm pretty sure he's the only one around. Now my guy really needs this done so I'm not going to quibble about the price but I just want to know for future reference when I am in the position to shop around more. So is $80 about right for an adjustment? Also can you tell me where and what kind of area you live in. Right now we're super rural Idaho but next month we'll be heading home to the city in GA, so I'm hoping there that I'll have more to choose from. Thanks so much.

$200 - but I feel that I am getting what I pay for...

My horses chiro charges $100 a session. This is in Orange County, CA.

I pay $125, but if the horse needs more adjustments, she drops it down a little for each visit after that. I'm in Iowa, but not super rural and she travels about 40 miles to get to me. She will also discount for multiple horses.
    A Merrick N Dream Farm
    Proud Member of "Someone Special to me serves in the Military" Clique

$85
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I've paid $80 - its totally worth it!

I paid $100 last time.. but it includes accupuncture. Often it depends on how much accupuncture she decides is necessary. I've paid up to $120.
    Totally worth it!

$75 for first visit, $50 for subsequent ones. And that's in high rent district.
    Have also paid $200 for so called "horse whisperer" chiro, but he didn't do anything different except pretend the horse was talking to him and he'd answer ("You're welcome!")

One of the vets here (Indiana) does chiropractor work- it's around $110 if she comes out to the barn, or less ($60ish I think) if you trailer in.

I pay $115 for a vet who's also chiro certified in the DC area. Well worth it, she resolved a 3 year back saga in one adjustment.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

My vet does my chiro so it his $60.00 call split and then $100.00 the first time and $90.00 every time there after.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like $80 is actually kind of on the lower end then. Well I'm really excited to get him adjusted and see what it can do for him. It's definitely something I need to incorporate into my regular horse care routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemare View Post
    Have also paid $200 for so called "horse whisperer" chiro, but he didn't do anything different except pretend the horse was talking to him and he'd answer ("You're welcome!")
    Change she for he & we have the same one.

Whys hould the horse know which way to adjust his/her back?

OP I think you have a great price. Esp if they have to travel and only do 1 horse.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

$125 + travel (we're 2 hrs away so we have to trailer in); Tryon, NC

$85 for the initial and $70 for all follow-ups. And our farm is only about a mile from her house, so she waives the farm call fee!

Boise, ID $80 (my home town, wasn't working on a "problem", just maintance adjustments)

Weatherford, TX $225 (horse was at a rehab facility and chiro travelled 1 1/2 hours, didn't improve my horse at all at 5 adjustments)

Oklahoma City $90 + $20 farm call (At college, This vet/chiro has helped my horse tremendously and does things differently than the other two I've seen give adjustments. I'm going to miss her work after I graduate )

Good luck with your horse and safe travels to GA (careful on the 80!)

Man I feel like I am getting ripped off now, I paid 220! My husband about dropped dead after I told him and then got that look like never again, so I am in the hunt for someone less expensive. 85 sounds great to me

Sigh...$138 plus a $90 road call. Sigh....

Eastern Ontario...
    We have a local vet-Chiro...
    $70 for Chiro
    $70 for Accupuncture
    Plus $40 for the call fee. This is split if there's more than one horse.
    My guy does not usually need Accupuncture and there's usually one or two other horses so my cost is generally under $100.
    Worth every penny.
    The pony had really done a number on himself a few weeks ago and she came out 3 times in 2 weeks...chiro only first time and I paid the regular fees. Four days later she came back and adjusted him + accupuncture. She only charged me for the Accupuncture. A week later she came again and did both and did not charge the call fee.
    Super nice gal and very competent.

There is another vet-chiro who comes through this area 2-3 times a year and her fee is a flat $245...includes call fee, chiro and/or accupuncture. If there's more than one horse the charge is a bit less.

I'm in Maryland...chiro is vet and she charges $110 for just adjustment, $175 for adjustment AND acupuncture, and $30 farm fee. Worth every cent!