The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Warmblood broodmare wanted – great home in Virginia

I am looking for a warmblood broodmare, dressage or eventing type. If you have a quality mare that is breeding sound that you are looking to re-home, I am interested. I can offer the best of homes. I have a small farm (Virginia) and breed to nationally recognized stallions to get 1-2 quality foals per year. My husband is a vet and I have 30+ years experience with horses, do all my own care and training, all my horses get lots of TLC and individual attention. I’m not looking for a re-sale project but will provide a long-term home. I’d be happy to provide references.

My wish list: Must be registered with a recognized warmblood registry, TBs with dressage movement considered. Must be pretty and correct. Cosmetic defects (injuries) OK. Prefer non-chestnut, prefer 16h+, sound to ride is a plus but not necessary. Must be vice free, have a good temperament, and get along well when turned out with other horses. Must be breeding sound. If the mare is already in foal (to a stallion I am interested in), I will reimburse for breeding expense.

myhorsehannah is offline Working Hunter Premium Member
    Original Poster

bump..anyone?

Would you be willing to take the mare to an inspection? That may open up a few more doors for you...

Also, how old are you looking for? I know a nice little Hann/TB 2 year old (she's registered with AWS, I know) that's being given away since her owner got in over her head with a baby.

Have you checked out the post by Philliab - a few threads below this one?

She has an Oldenburg- MMB approved TB mare - also in VA.

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coppers mom View Post
    Would you be willing to take the mare to an inspection? That may open up a few more doors for you...

Also, how old are you looking for? I know a nice little Hann/TB 2 year old (she's registered with AWS, I know) that's being given away since her owner got in over her head with a baby.
    Yes, I would plan to inspect the mare along with her first foal in the registry of the sire I chose. But she must be from a qualifying registry. Will consider age 2-17 but would not breed a two yr old, would rather have a mare of breeding age but would consider a filly.

Sent a PM.. thanks

Default Hanno mare

I have a MSB Hanno mare, also approved with the GOV. that I would consider placing to a special home. She is 16.3 H, gray, 9yr old. She is a proven broodmare and in 2007 she had a Sir Donnerhall filly, which the representatives for the GOV considered one of the nicest foals in the country. She is about the sweetest thing on the face of the earth. Please contact me if interested.

Myhorsehannah, you have a PM.
    ~Another proud member of the TrakehNERD clique ~

Original Poster

Sent you a PM...

Quote Originally Posted by lvf View Post
    I have a MSB Hanno mare, also approved with the GOV. that I would consider placing to a special home. She is 16.3 H, gray, 9yr old. She is a proven broodmare and in 2007 she had a Sir Donnerhall filly, which the representatives for the GOV considered one of the nicest foals in the country. She is about the sweetest thing on the face of the earth. Please contact me if interested.

myhorsehannah, please just contact me through my web site. I am such a novice at the forumns and don't have the time to fiquire it out.
    www.longviewfarm.us Thanks

I have a couple of mares that might suit you - I can be reached at cstone@chathamhall.org

Default Pavones, Free Broodmare

I have a very nice 9 year old bay TB broodmare with chrome who is in the GOV MMB. Her foal by Apiro was a Premium Foal and received the "Foal of Distinctiion" award at his GOV inspection this year. Both Pavones and Albi TWF are located in Purcellville, VA in Northern VA. If interested please call me at 540-882-4423

Default MSB Hanoverian mare

I have a main studbook hanoverian mare that I would consider free leasing to the right situations. www.fallcreekfarm.com (Gossip) She is an easy keeper and gets in foal on the first try each time (no regumate). If you paid for shipping to you and were willing to breed her for me (i pay all expenses the year she foals for you) I wouldn't charge anything for the lease. let me know 317 937 5543 (in indiana)

Sound but has ankle arthritis so we don't ride her--probably ok if you maintain her for light riding. I would also be willing to write in the contract that if you liked her you could buy her for $2500 at the end of the lease. (which for a msb Hanoverian mare is a great deal) I took an executive role and am spending my days on teh corp jet and have NO time for the girls or babies any longer.

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fcf View Post
    I have a main studbook hanoverian mare that I would consider free leasing to the right situations. www.fallcreekfarm.com (Gossip) She is an easy keeper and gets in foal on the first try each time (no regumate). If you paid for shipping to you and were willing to breed her for me (i pay all expenses the year she foals for you) I wouldn't charge anything for the lease. let me know 317 937 5543 (in indiana)

Sound but has ankle arthritis so we don't ride her--probably ok if you maintain her for light riding. I would also be willing to write in the contract that if you liked her you could buy her for $2500 at the end of the lease. (which for a msb Hanoverian mare is a great deal) I took an executive role and am spending my days on teh corp jet and have NO time for the girls or babies any longer.
    Replied though a PM...

dcmay Guest

I have an Oldenburg mare, registered RPSI, 5 yrs. old, bay, 16 hands. She has a shoulder injury she got as a yearling so she's not sound for hard work but she can be trail ridden, and used for light ring work. Smart, sweet and an easy keeper. She has not been bred but I would be willing to take her back if she did not catch. I can also get a free breeding to Pride of Gloster RID if you are interested. Located in Charlotte, NC.
    Call me 704-453-6028 or email diannemcavaliere@aol.com if interested.

Original Poster

Default I have found a mare

Thanks so much to all who replied. I have found a lovely Hanoverian mare that will come to my farm in the spring. Looking forward now to stallion shopping for her.

Best of luck with all your lovely mares.