The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default COTH hoof threads seeping into my subconscious

This dream was just too bizarre. I'm guessing my brain jumbled a bunch of weird COTH threads into it's own twisted diary of a die hard bare footer It was too funny not to share

so dream starts i'm going out to groom my horse for a ride, pick up his feet and there are shoes nailed on them nasty el cheapo shoes at that, rear shoes on the fronts, ugly nail placements.. I panic and start to remove them. the nails weren't clamped over, so I was able to remove them with a hoof pick.
    Once removed, the nail holes start to weep blood and i freak. I call LMH asking her legal advice on how to sue this mystery farrier that came and put crappy shoes on my horse. I go to further inspect my horses feet and notice the sole has been pared down so much it looks like the inside of a scooped out cantelope. Not only that, but the frog had been removed and where there should be bars, there were only red lines... i start to freak and the whole hoof comes off in my hand! My horse is left with a bloody, bony stump!
    He hobbles off untied (great husbandry subconscious!) i run to fetch betadine and call the vet.
    I start pouring betadine on his bony stump, and fill the hoof horn with betadine, and try to stick it back on. I grab some vetrap and am wrapping like mad.... when I wake up.
    I was sooo glad to see his purdy little unicorn tootsies, all in one piece when I went down to feed. I promise I'm not that against shoes... maybe I'm just lying to myself.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

What did you have for dinner!?!

Hope you were able to go back to sleep after that. Whew!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

If you only knew the bad-ass weird hoof dreams I've had, you would just cry

I thought I was the only one! But even after the crappy hoof summer I had, most of my dreams were of sad, hurting eyes and not bloody hooves. I'm not sure which is more disturbing...

Did you sue? Did I win the case???

Forgot to add that at least one of my dreams has also been where I went to the barn in the morning to find that someone had put shoes on my WB gelding overnight Various others have been of his frog suddenly filling in the entire bottom of the foot, or that I took his hoof capsules off at night to soak (like dentures I guess??!!) and I think I'm probably blocking out memories of other weird(er) ones!