The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Keeping up with the Green Acres tradition...

... of horses getting loose, Panda-chan achieved freedom this morning.

rivenoak's sister & I were trying to extract The Boys to go for a trail ride, and P-c was too quick for us - he slipped out the gate right on Prozac Pony's tail. So I snagged the lead rope from Mr. Blondie and locked him in while Sis tried to block the outer gate with PP. Fortunately, P-c was a little unclear on the concept of running away, and I was able to toss the rope around his neck before he made it through the gate.

But then I discovered that he's MUCH harder to drag around with just a rope around his neck than The Princess was!

Eventually, he was back in the pen & MB was outside with us & PP, but I think that now that P-c has attained escape velocity once, he's going to be much trickier to keep contained.
    Approved helmet: Every time; every ride.
    "When a sport gets to be predictable it ceases to be fun." - RAR's wise brother

Don't you just love that early morning adrenalin rush? Glad everyone's home safe and sound and yes, I can relate. Thanks to our mini donkeys going on a short holiday we were the headline in the police blotter last week.

Quote Originally Posted by chai View Post
    Don't you just love that early morning adrenalin rush? Glad everyone's home safe and sound and yes, I can relate. Thanks to our mini donkeys going on a short holiday we were the headline in the police blotter last week.

He didn't even come close to being on Sheriff Joe's blotter (good thing; I don't think P-c would look at ALL good in an orange jumpsuit).

But we may have to re-think our horse extraction process
    Approved helmet: Every time; every ride.
    "When a sport gets to be predictable it ceases to be fun." - RAR's wise brother

Had one do something very close to that to me today. Don't you love the look they give you when you catch them? Mine give me the innocent "What, you didn't want me out too? I was just trying to help." look!
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

You will have to find something to cut off Panda-chan's momentum once he has achieved velocity....This is a physics question. I am not so good at physics. Let me ponder.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues