The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need layover barn in Northern Ohio Sunday night

Can anyone help me? My husband and I are driving to Fair Hill from Wisconsin and would like to stop in Northern Ohio, near Cleveland. I was planning on leaving early Monday morning, but would prefer to leave Sunday morning and stop somewhere Sunday night. Ideally, the farm would be pretty close to I-90.

I would not need turnout, but if it is available for an hour or so, that would be a bonus. I do need room to bring a big LQ trailer in and we would stay there (hooking up to electric would be another bonus). Oh yeah, and Harley is a cribber (controlled with a collar and I will use my own buckets). I think I would be considered high maintenance!!! If anyone has any ideas (or Ralph Holstein's contact info), please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chrissy

You might give Jeffrey & Holly Taylor of Blue Ridge Farm a ring. Their website is: www.blueridgefarmeventing.com, and they are located in North Ridgeville, which is on the west side of Cleveland. They would both have Ralph's contact info. as well. The barn is usually pretty full, but they might have an empty or two...you never know.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

Thank you-I just emailed Jeff and Holly. I didn't realize they were so close to Cleveland. That would work out perfectly if they have room!

Grand Haven Stable in Jefferson, OH. They are about 10 - 15 minutes off of I-90. www.grandhavenstables.net
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

I found a place! Thank you very much for the help!!! I leave tomorrow morning and am glad I made it work to do it in 2 legs. We will get to Fair Hill while it is still light on Monday!
    Chrissy

Chrissy, are you doing Fair Hill?! Have a great time -- and call me!

Hi Jess,
    I'm doing the ** with Harley since I didn't end up going last year because of his splint. I'm not sure my plan for next year, but at least this will give me options. Are you back in town anytime soon? The candy store is closed...
    Chrissy