The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up The Official 2009 COTH Christmas Card Exchange Thread

Hey Everyone!

With ChocoMare working diligently on the Secret Santa and Freebird! getting married, it came to my attention that there may not be a Christmas Card thread this year! So (with the encouragement of fellow mail seekers) I'm volunteering to coordinate the Christmas Card exchange. Here's how it will work:

1. Send me an email at cothxmascard2009@yahoo.com with the following information: COTH name, REAL name, Address (international is ok), and email address where I can contact you if I have questions (if other than the email you sent me the info at)

2. I will collate everything into a spreadsheet that you can then use to print your labels (there are directions on the outside of the label package for anyone who needs help)

3. Send me your info no later than November 15th, I will get the list out to everyone no later than November 20th. That gives everyone about a month to get cards stuffed and sent.

A few people asked last year what to send. I have received everything from a simple card with a signature to a full page letter with multiple pictures. All were welcome. Anything about you or your horse(s) or that you want to share with everyone.

If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, let the sign up begin!!
    Last edited by FolsomBlues; Oct. 10, 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Bless you FB for stepping up and taking on the Card Swap. I really, really can't do both the cards and SS. Makes my brain hurt!

If you want last year's database, lemme know and I'll e-mail it to you. Might save you some typing since you can just borrow last year's data for those folks who haven't relocated
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

How many cards do you typically send or how many people typically participate?

Definitly somewhat interested....

P.

Last year the total came to right around 50 I think? Last year was my first year participating and I LOVED it! Everyday for a few weeks I got 2-3 cards in the mail, it was awesome! Choco, if you could send me last year's list that would be great. You can just send it to the email at the top of the thread. Thanks!

Default Thank you

Thanks for stepping up to the plate! It was so much fun getting so many different types of cards from so many fellow horse people. I am looking forward to doing it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomBlues View Post
    Choco, if you could send me last year's list that would be great. You can just send it to the email at the top of the thread. Thanks!
    Done!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Thumbs up

Thank you! I'm in. I should be on the list Choco sent you from last year. Let me know if I'm not.
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

Hey Sleepy! Just checked and you are on the list from last year so I'll add you to the list for this year.

Thanks for doing this FolsomBlues. I should be on the list from last year but I don't know if my email addy is there.
    Thanks again, talloaks
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

FB, I just had to say that your horse's name is awesome!! And I love that his barn name is Reno!! That is so cool. (Can you tell I'm a huge fan of the Man in Black?) ;-)

Thanks for setting up the Christmas card swap also!
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," available now!

Kim, you just totally made my day! No one ever gets my horses name, let alone connects it with his barn name! He came with the name Reno and (though I am a Johnny Cash fan, I am an even bigger Joaquin Phoenix fan) I had just seen "Walk the Line" and loved the song and I thought, wait a minute..."I shot a man in RENO..."...perfect! Haha, thanks again!

That's AWESOME!! :-D
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," available now!

Just a little bump so people see and sign up. How can I get this thing stickied?

FB, maybe you need to ask the Mod is she can make this a sticky. I think there is a little symbol that you click on for the mods, may be the triangle.
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Thank you Tall Oaks! I just reported it, hopefully it gets stickied!

Looks like it's "Stickied"! (is that a word?!?! "Stuck" ? LOL!).

I should be on last year's list with no changes, but will email you anyway.

Thanks for doing this!

Tra la la , la la la !!!
    lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html

Default Christmas Card question

I would love to participate too, but one question....can Candians participate too?

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomBlues View Post
    1. Send me an email at cothxmascard2009@yahoo.com with the following information: COTH name, REAL name, Address (international is ok), and email address where I can contact you if I have questions (if other than the email you sent me the info at)
    Yup, Little Diva, looks like it! And, I remember sending/receiving to/from Canada last year....
    lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html

Default totally off topic,....but

FolsomBlues, I almost had a heart attack of excitement that you were my neighbor and I had just found a new local COTH friend...but alas, you live on the other side of the country. I live in Folsom!! Love your horse's name, too!! (also a fan of the man in black!)