The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Fair Hill. Who's going?

Me me me! I'd rather be riding, but I get to go anyway and spectate. Super pumped because I've never been before. I just asked my boss if I can miss a few days of work and he said "get out of here! You deserve a holiday and a change of scenery!"

Have I mentioned I have the best job and boss in the entire world?

Sooo... who else will I see there?

I will be there starting Weds at 6am, grooming the big grey wonder again. Pony left home yesterday so should get there Sunday or so, then I catch the red eye on Tuesday night.

me me me! the pony and i are doing our first **! i'm just a wee bit excited!

I will be there. 2 horses and DD have been east for a few weeks. DH and I fly back on Sunday to help move them to FH and do all the groom stuff.

Then the long drive home. Not looking forward to that. I just hope the weather thru Wyoming cooperates this time.

Definitely will be there on Saturday and we're considering coming up on Friday for some dressage, too. Looking forward to it. One of my favorite weekends of the year!

I will be there XC day. Anyone riding or connected someone, I am going to be trying out my new zoom lens on my Pentax, I'm not a pro but hope to get some good shots - anyway, if you want me to send you the pics for free just PM me your email & rider# before hand and I'll do my best! (I'm sure you'll get plenty of pics anyway but just thought I'd toss that out there).

I'll be bringing my 10 mo old Caucasian OvCharka puppy Beowulf, look for the lady with a hugmungous white fluffy 120 pound bear-dog on a leash if you want to say hi (note I'm brining an extra friend just for dog holding duties when I'm going to be taking pics, so it will be either me or my buddy with Beowulf)

Good luck to all riders & teams!

I'm doing my best to get there...not riding - though I do FINALLY have a sound horse to ride!!! yay!!!.
    Fair Hill is beautiful. The course is spread out over a huge area of forests, fields, lots of hills etc and there is so much going on at the same time. There's a great trade fair, the dogs, do they still have the driving too? It's my second fav event of all time after Radnor (*sniff*).
    Hope to see you there

I will be volunteering Thursday afternoon and Friday morning (also shopping and spectating), then must sadly go to work meeting and will miss xc and sj
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I'll be there watching probably Friday and Sunday. I think I have to work saturday but I work right up the road from Fair Hill. If anybody needs a good sandwich stop by Nutter's and feel free to give me play by plays on the goings on on XC!

I'll be there riding in the two-star. I'm going without a groom, so I may need some help cooling out on Saturday after xc. PM me if you want my groom's pass!
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

AJ, good luck at FH.

I'm in the same boat as eloquence - gotta work on Saturday (just like last year...), but I'm hoping/planning to be there on Sunday to spectate. As long as the weather is good, I'll be bringing my big black hairy dog along (he had such a great time last year, I promised him we'd do it again this year!). I'll probably end up "parking" the pair of us on the hillside once we've made the rounds of the vendors so he can sunbathe, while I watch the sj rounds.

Best of luck to all of the COTH riders and grooms!

I'm outriding on a chestnut white paint- come say hi!

I'll be there! Volunteering in the vet box on Saturday morning. I usually can't go on the weekends, so I'm psyched to see more than just dressage this year!
    Can't wait to shop at the trade fair and see some great rides!

Erika (my trainer) is aiming to go in the CCI***, but her Advanced horse might have gotten a hot nail just last week, so we're all FREAKING OUT. "Happy Feet" jingles would come in very handy.

I am giving a lecture that weekend and would LOVE to be able to bail, not only because the lecture preparation is proving to be a royal PITA, but because I'd really, really love to go to Fair Hill. So I won't be there, but sure am hoping Erika and Jake will be.
    Click here before you buy.

(((( sigh )))))

But the swelling is coming down and he's walking as if he's not hurt, which speaks to his comfort level. He gets an ultrasound tomorrow to see just how badly messed up he is.

I want to go to Fair Hill, but I think I might be a very sour sport there, watching everybody else having fun.
    I evented just for the Halibut.

Good luck, everyone! I'll be there Saturday, and maybe Sunday for sj if I get hooked in. That reminds me to see if they're still looking for volunteers.
    "A canter is a cure for every evil." -Benjamin Disraeli

i"m riding in the YEH Champ which is either Thurs, or Thurs and Fri or whatever as they can't seem to decide how to do it or what exactly the schedule will be
    But also, I am going to spectate on Sat as a horse I bred ( Slate River ) is to do the ***!! Hopefully he will be there and I am really excited at seeing one of my babies get this far!

Quote Originally Posted by circusponydreams View Post
    Good luck, everyone! I'll be there Saturday, and maybe Sunday for sj if I get hooked in. That reminds me to see if they're still looking for volunteers.
    I know they definitely still need volunteers for show jumping; especially folks to help put everything away after all the fun stuff is over.
    I evented just for the Halibut.

Talking

Tuppysmom, I will be stewarding warm-up as usual, please say hi if you can.

Eventer AJ I have sent you a PM - may be able to send a pony clubber your way.

Didi, that is most exciting news about Slate River, I hope you get some good pictures! I will try and remember to get one in warmup. Also take a look at the entries link on the website and read Coldrens Corner, she's got details there about the YEH times and schedule, it looks like it's pretty much set for Thursday. I am hoping to get up there and get to watch Thurs. so maybe I can get some photos of you! Hope so! Good luck!

Anyone who is competing - for the three star we will hope to have a timer steward that is your very own, that will be able to give you your time updates as you need during your warmup, until you go across the road. Look for your pinney number - they will hold up a clipboard with your number on it. That is your timer and you can get any update from them. If you can't find them, just stop by our tailgate area!

Sorry not enough volunteers to do that with the two star, but hopefully next year we can.

And....grooms and riders.....if you are reading this.....please please please park your vehicles at the vetbox according to the direction of the St. Augustine Pony Club parking kids on Saturday, inform your grooms or anyone driving a vehicle down to the vetbox to turn in the first entrance on the left, do not go down the road toward warmup - we are going to try and avoid the congestion and danger of vehicles not getting to the proper places down Gallaher Road during the cross country day. Remember you cannot drive any further than the vet box entrance. The entrance road by the start box is CLOSED to vehicles, it is just too dangerous to guide the horses going from warmup to the start around vehicles trying to turn around and or park. I think everyone parks there when they walk the course, but on Sat. you won't be able to. No fit and ready horse and rider should have to dodge trucks and cars on their way to the start box of a major international two-star or three-star XC course!

If anyone has any other suggestions about that area please post or PM me.

St. Augustine Pony Club ROCKS. I have a load of great volunteers this year!

Fence judges and area stewards -- don't forget your flashlights for briefing! Remember it was dark last year and we couldn't see? With 80 some in the two star and 70 some in the three star I would be willing to bet we will have the O-Dark-Thirty Briefing again this year!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com