The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fitting a fitted pad

Grumble.

Maybe I'm not doing things right here, I usually event, but I can't get a fitted pad to fit my saddle. It's a dover brand saddle in a 16 1/2 but I have two pads here at home, a toklat and a wilkers that do NOT fit.

How hard is it to get a pad to fit a saddle?

Does your saddle have an extra forward flap or an especially long flap? Otherwise I can't think why you should be having so much trouble, I have both pads you mention and have no trouble with either one fitting my 17.5 saddle. Both Toklat and Wilkers come in several sizes, according to the seat size of the saddle and I think they go up as large as 18.5 or 19 so they have lots of options.

we use these -- one of these http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products...3303#sku.32133

with a square numnah-- so it goes square numnah then the milton sheepskin pad then the saddle real comfy for the horse

we use this http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products...ge=2#sku.32487

we have pink baby blue white black pairs for competitions - sadle coth matches the milton sheepskin pads as there are a variety of colours white for dressage -
    coloured ones for x/c ht and eventing

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Grumble.

Maybe I'm not doing things right here, I usually event, but I can't get a fitted pad to fit my saddle. It's a dover brand saddle in a 16 1/2 but I have two pads here at home, a toklat and a wilkers that do NOT fit.

How hard is it to get a pad to fit a saddle?
    Dover has a pad that will fit their saddle correctly. IME, the Tolkat pads fit about everything - you just order the size & style.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

You can also try the EquiFit's T-Form Therapeutic Saddle Pads. EquiFit offers a variety of half pads that conform to the exact contour of your horses and saddle for a custom fit on every horse, every time. The lightweight pads disperse pressure points, maximize support and saddle stability and absorb 97% of shock and vibration under impact.

The T-Form Pads are ideal for horses with sore backs, ill-fitting saddles and for the prevention of sore backs.

Thank you,

Melissa Hill
    EquiFit, inc.
    Sales representative