The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Black Lab Male and Swiss Mtn. Dog Male need homes asap--Aiken, SC

16 month old Black Lab Male looking for new home. Great with kids, other dogs, and horses. Needs to be in a home without cats or atleast a cat that will stand up to him. Knows all basic commands--sit, down, heel, etc. Has begun off leash training, along with basic hunting and retriever training. Travels well. Has been to many horse shows.

2 year old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog also looking for home. Great with kids, but hasn't figured the horses out, yet...he still wants to play with them, but not agressive. Taken in as a rescue, he can't be in a home with cats or needs a cat that is assertive with him, not my "roll over and pet my tummy" cat. Learning how to be on a leash. Knows basic commands--sit, lie down, and learning stay. Sweet dog that needs a job. Purebreds are almost impossible to find.

Dogs do not need to go together, but I would like to find them homes asap. Pictures are available.
    Keep your feet on the ground, but always look to the stars!

Update! The Swissy has found a home, but I am desperately seeking a home for the lab! Had two homes fall through and if he doesn't have a home here shortly, I'll have to take him to the pound, which is the last thing this great boy deserves, seeing as how that's how he started his life! Rescues are overflowing with pitts and dogs that are agressive, so they can't take him. Isn't there anyone out there looking for a lovely family dog that is trained???
    Keep your feet on the ground, but always look to the stars!

Aww... do you have pics of him? Is he house and/or crate trained? Why is he being rehomed? Has he been neutered?

I shouldn't even be asking now that we are down to 3 dogs in the house (had to put down one of our beagles last month, sadly) but 2 of our 3 are old ladies (18 and 13) and the young beagle is 20 months. He'd be just the right age for a playmate for her. We're in VA so might be a stretch though.

If nothing else, bumping this up for you!

I sent you a PM, tbeventer. I'd love to hear from you! Thank you.
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

I never heard back either... hope he found a great home.