Free Lease-York,PA 9yr Old Tb, Sound and Ready to compete !!!
After many months of going back and forth over this I have finally decided to offer my horse up for Free Lease. I will start with a 6mth lease to be Re-evaluated at that time, If all parties are happy we can continue for another 6mths.
- 9yr Tb
- Solid Chestnut
- Up to date on Farrier, worming, shots etc.
- Inter. to Adv. riders only please
Has competed BN and is always in the ribbons, Ready for N and with the right program could go T in the near future. Jumps 3'3 courses easily, Dressage scores in the low 30's ( last test was a 31.5 ). I want him to go to a home who is interested in competing and pursuing eventing. The only reason I am offering this is because financially I cannot afford to show/lesson as much as this guy needs. Hes a wonderful horse when hes in a program, But needs to be in a solid program...all the time. With winter fast approaching ( and a grass ring ) I am financially unable to pay for the weekly lessons we will need to keep going.
I am reserving the right to at any time bring him home. This will only happen if I feel the care is not up to par. You will be responsible for all day to day care ( vet,farrier,supplements,shots,worming,lessons etc.) He needs to stay within 2 hours of York,PA
I am hoping my picture link will work, If not please let me know and I will attempt to fix them !! Oh and no rider critiques please !!! These pictures were all taken from about 2 months off the track to present, and really they don't him any justice but for now they are what I have.
Bumping for the Friday slackers and hopefully the weekend crowd as well.
He has been hound exercising and was wonderful. Loads,ties,clips, stands for farrier etc etc etc....
I am also going to add, I am looking for a long term lease but after the inital 6 months we can evaluate how we both think the situation is working. I am looking for occasional updates ( heck I would probably even be your groom at events !! ) If at anytime you feel hes not working out or your situation changes he can always come back to me.
The only reason I am doing this is because I know hes a nice horse and with the proper management/sched./facilites I know he can be much more than what I am capable of giving him. If the perfect home is found Im sure something can be worked out as far as ownership. I just want to see him brought to his full potential and I have realized I cannot give him this.
I know some of my wording may sound confusing, I have no intention of "taking him back on a whim", Im just want him to have a good life and want to make sure that in a long term situation he is happy and you are happy.
Last edited by CanTango1; Oct. 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM.
I am no more then 2.5 hours from York and hope you'll consider me even though I'm farther then you'd like to send him.
I have a very nice farm slightly north of the pocono mountains in pennsylvania, we have 17 stalls, 2 barns, an indoor, and 2 outdoor rings. I previously competed my last horse to the Prelim. level and qualified him for his first 1*...have been eventing for 5 years, 12 years in the hunters, 6 year dressage back ground and my current position involves breaking young horses for the hunter world and importing them from europe. I sold my last horse that I called my own and not a sales horse in May and since then have dearly missed calling a horse my own and being able to dote on one. I was looking for something that I could event and move up the levels if he had the potential.
Please contact me if you are interested.
I am also going to disclose that he suffers from anydrosis ( Lack of Sweating ) this really doesnt effect him in anyway as long as you are aware of it. Im careful about when I ride in July and August and keep him on "Let M Sweat" which worked wonders on him this year. As long as it is managed properly it really isnt an issue, I just want to let everyone know.
Almost all of the video was lost so he pieced together the still shots. Unfortunate really but I think it turned out Ok for what he had to work with...
Also, He is not ummm "horse savvy" so he used almost every picture he had on his flash from that day... so it does contain the good, the bad and the ugly but hey he did it and thats all that counts !!!!!!!!
I had given up with the hard winter we had and thought it would be easier to just wait it out until spring, not many want another mouth to feed in winter
He is back to work, Have not had a chance to do any ring/flat work but have been doing lots of hill x-c to tone back up. Hes ready to find a great home.
My riding partner and BO is expecting, so with the limited field trips we were able to do, have now become "0". This puts a wrench in things obviously. He really would do well with someone who shows/clinics often.