The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Default MO, between Columbia and Fulton

We have a couple horses coming in for training, and I won't have the time to work much with our schoolie. She's 16.3h and very sane and sensible, has taught beginner lessons, etc. Right now she gets hacked out on the trails periodically and that's about it. I'd be open to someone riding at our place, we don't have an arena, but have a round pen, plenty of fields, and miles and miles of trails. PM if interested!

Horseless rider in Walnut Creek, CA, looking for a very short term (2-3 weeks) opportunity to hack around on a few horses. I have a very strong foundation in english flatwork and am confidently jumping up to 18 inches. I have also trained a lot of small ponies, because while I'm tall (5'5") I'm very light, about 100 pounds. Please PM me or email me chameg123@yahoo.com if you think you might have something. Thank you!
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

This thread gets way to cumbersome. Why don't we break them out into seperate threads for each state? That way, people could actually find a match much more easily?

If people would just post locations in the titles it would be easier...
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Quote Originally Posted by NotGrandPrixYet View Post
    This thread gets way to cumbersome. Why don't we break them out into seperate threads for each state? That way, people could actually find a match much more easily?
    I agree, I feel like that would work better

Default Horseless rider in Western MA

I'm an experienced rider living in Western Massachusetts looking for anything to ride! I have lots of hunter/jumper experience, some eventing as a teen. Before college I showed in the 3'6" equitation, and I rode in Open on my college's IHSA team. I've ridden all types of horses, please let me know if you know of anything or have anything that might work!

Default Riderless horse in Sacramento, CA

Location: Sacramento, California (on the border with Elk Grove)

I'm looking for someone to half lease my dressage horse to share expenses and because I'm too busy with work to be able to work him as often as he needs. He is located at Panoshe Ranch on Exelsior near Calvine. He's an Arabian, about 14.3hh but very stocky and feels bigger than he is.

Solo is a very good boy, but he is a stallion and not a beginner horse. That said, I'm definitely an amateur and have a great time and feel safe on him. I also give lessons to a 15-year-old on him. He knows most of the dressage movements through third level. He's an agreeable boy with a good work ethic and very easy to handle. He has a good, correct foundation in dressage basics.

You can learn more about him and see pictures on his website at www.capthansolo.com. email me at twnkltoz@gmail.com.
    Jennifer Walker
    Proud owner of Capt Han Solo+, Arabian stallion http://www.capthansolo.com
    Author, freelance writer http://www.authorjennwalker.com

Default Horseless Dressage Rider in Passaic County, NJ

I am an experienced, classically trained dressage rider and am looking for a horse to ride/exercise. Have greater than 15 years experience with breeds ranging from Arabians, to Thoroughbreds, to Warmbloods, to Friesans and even Spanish breeds with all levels of training (green to upper levels of dressage). This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to provide your horse with a little extra attention and exercise by a mature, petite but confident, very horse passionate person - please PM me for further details and references, if necessary. Look forward to hearing from you.

Default Riderless Haflinger in Los Angeles, CA

Hi all, I have been advertising for a half lease but at this point, if I can just find someone to ride my Haflinger mare (and if they wanna pay for shoes or something, hey, I won't stop them! - though not required), I will be happy with that.

I am having knee surgery in just over 3 weeks, and will be "laid up" for the next 5 months or so.. So would like my mare to be getting ridden consistently.

13.2hh 9 year old, she's short but will take up your leg like crazy (I am 6'1"). Goes english and western, will pack a walk/trot kid (won multiple high point awards in the 10 & Under walk/trot division through 2010), jumps (many 2010 pony hunter championships), great on trail. Fun for a teen or adult (or child!), she is super sane and just a good horse. Excellent ground manners, very quiet,never seen her buck, rear or bolt with a rider. Has been through extreme cowboy race training and bombproofing - canters over tarps, through streamers, over teeter-totters. Goes in a snaffle or pelham. Really suitable for any level - if a beginner gets off balance, she will stop. But if an advanced rider gets on and is ready to go, go she will.

Barn is in northern LA county (convenient to 210 and 5 freeways), has trail access, covered arena, dressage and hunter/jumper trainers on site. Show opportunities available. PM for more info, I have photos, videos, etc. Thanks!

Default Riderless horse in Portola Valley, CA ( SF bay area )

I'm looking for someone to share-board my dressage mare. I've returned to school to change careers so I have less time and money to lavish her with.

She is a lovely 16h bay mare. Solid first level, schooled second, and most of the buttons are installed for third. She is fancy, extremely willing, submissive, very forward, and an uncomplicated ride. She is fabulous for longe lessons. Her main limitation is her out of shape adult ammie owner

She is a very people oriented horse. Super sweet and has great ground manners.

She recently had about 6 months off as I was adjusting to returning to school and I've been getting her back into work for the last couple of months but haven't been able to be really consistent.

I'm only able to ride 2-3 times a week so someone who wants to ride 3-4 times a week would be perfect. I'm looking for an experienced rider and ideally a dressage rider.

She is boarded at Portola Patures in a stall with paddock. There are 2 arenas, a square pen, round pen, turnout pasture, and access to tons of trails. She is great on the trail in company but a bit insecure by herself.

I have a truck and trailer so there would most likely also be the opportunity to trailer places like, clinics, shows, hunter paces, and trail rides. (I like to do fun hunter paces with some friends though I don't jump this mare)

I had a friend take some video clips a couple of weeks ago and I'll get those up as soon as I can.

Ok here is a brief video from a couple weeks ago, sorry that quality is not great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dq1I...dZgL1O3l03W3E0
    Last edited by Ember; Mar. 1, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Default Young Dressage Prospect for Knowledgable Rider/Trainer- NC/ E. TN/ SW Va.

Our lovable, 16.2h warmblood gelding has GREAT movement and is super ready to learn more.. but we dont have the knowledge to train him ourselves to have him make the most of his potential right now! He is baroque, very adorable, smart, and with the right rider can already do lateral movement, etc. W/t/c but is big and still needs to gain more balance at the canter of course. Dont mind him coming along slowly, just correctly. Been to shows to watch, not compete. We LOVE this guy, but our coach says for his own benefit, he should be riding for a while (and enjoyed as much as we do) with someone more knowledgable in dressage or who trains. I can't say enough good things about him, and would be willing to trade good work/training for an offsite freelease to a great person with references. We did not realize that we needed to give him time to mature with someone who has much more knowledge that ourselves (we are beginners at dressage). He is a real gem. We are thinking of all the wonderful things he might learn and accomplish with the right rider/trainer so think this is the right move for him, at this time. We have so much ice and snow too, we cannot even ride and he is eager to go. Contact for more information about this super guy. We'll be really mindful about where he is working and will check references, etc.

Default Gorgeous 11 YO Oldenberg mare who needs a rider; Port Deposit MD

Big, beautiful girl (17.3H) with big movement. Dressage trained (2nd/3rd level); outstanding temperment. Owner has too many horses and too little time for schooling all. Horse must stay at my boarding barn and I am looking for someone to share expenses, but I will assist with board and maintenance (Board costs are extremely reasonable). The wonderful equestrian center where she is boarded is about 15 min away from Oxford PA and is quiet with an indoor, outdoor, and trails (she loves to hack out). Must be a gentle but experienced rider.

In addition, have a 16 yo 16.3H DWB who is extremly talented and sensitive, requiring a confident rider to bring out his full potential. He has been semi-retired due to my lack of time to ride. Same conditions as noted above.
    Contact debbie.learn@gmail.com if interested
    Last edited by dlalchon; Feb. 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: decided to add 2nd horse

Default Riderless - Memphis, TN Area

I have a 17y/o TB mare that needs someone to ride her a few times/ week. She has to stay at her current home (in Eads, TN) due to UVeitis that needs to be monitored closely. Very strong in the mouth, and not for a beginner. She would be able to do 2'6" hunters, dressage, or BN eventing after getting back in shape. Tons of pics/ vids available.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    The problem with posting 50+ different threads are that they will get lost. With everyone on one thread, it helps to keep it at the top, so an easy reminder.

We can't have a sticky for a gazillion threads.
    What about having a specific forum for it, with the appropriate number of threads?

Rider-less Horse - Chester County PA Area.

Looking for someone who is in need of a horse, home, and maybe even a family.

This offer is only for an experienced rider. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to ride and train a young horse. You must be confident, very horse passionate person - please PM me for further details. Look forward to hearing from you.

Working a Showmanship pattern somewhere in the great Northeast...

Default Kid-less Pony, upstate NY

Half Welsh mare, grey, 8 yrs old, 13.1Hh, green, was wtc over poles and flower boxes with trainer last fall. Looking for devoted, confident kid (or small adult) for on or off farm situation.
    The best little horse show series around! www.WinningWeekends.com

Default Riderless horse in Salina, KS

Beautiful young warmblood, 17.0 hh. Needs dressage rider. He is good at WTC, but needs exercise to keep him forward. He tends to dominate, unless you are firm and fair with him, so I prefer someone who is quietly confident and has experience with young warmbloods or young thoroughbreds. Please, no cowboys/girls, and no western pleasure riders. You must understand what forward and engaged means, and know how to maintain a soft connection. A good, light, balanced seat is necessary as well.

Exercising, trail riding, and showing are all possibilities, depending upon your preferences.

Default Riderless horse - northern VA

I might be getting a 9 yo 15.3/16 appendix for free lease and wanted to see if anyone who would be interested in half leasing in the northern VA/Stafford area. Rides HUS and would need work with WP. Has jumped but do not know height.

If interested, please PM me. We would split board, farrier, shots, and insurance. Showing a possibility.
    We could all take a lesson from crayons some are sharp, some are beautiful, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they still learn to live in the same box. Unknown.

Default Horse-less Rider -- West Chester PA

25y.o. Female looking to get back in the saddle. 10+ years experience although haven't ridden regularly for the past few years. (This is what I'm looking to change!) Looking to enjoy the sport for fun, the company of a four legged friend and exercise. Would like to give time and attention for a horse that needs it and help an owner that may not have enough time to. Very animal savvy individual. PM for more details.

Default Horseless Rider in Greeley, CO & Riderless horse(s) near Fresno, CA (dinuba)

I have recently moved from California to Colorado

Me: I have been riding over twenty years, a variety of disciplines but with my strongest background being H/J and Eventing. I competed successfully as a jr rider and still occasionally give low-level (to 3') jumping clinics and help tune-up green/young/stubborn horses when I am in Cali. I haven't ridden consistently in years and I'm finally going to do something about it! I miss the barn camaraderie, I miss the smell of horse sweat, I miss having a reason to clean my tack, I miss all of it! I am still a decent rider, despite lack of muscle strength and I get to go hack around on my horses a few times a month. I have most recently bred & raised an AWESOME 4 year old Trakehner colt, who is in pro training now and doing fabulous. I've always been a firm but quiet rider with an emphasis on connecting with the horse as a team. Definitely into positive reinforcement, patience and a strong foundation to be successful together!

I am looking to be able to ride eventing (okay- just english really; english pleasure, low level dressage, a 2'6" course, a trail ride, anything I can do in a saddle!) a couple days a week and am willing to trade barn chores or what have you to do it! I am 28 years old and a part time student, part time job. I just want to get back to my true love! I can drive 30-45 minutes if need be. I'd love to hear from anyone about anything- even if you have trainer/barn suggestions but no lead on a horse. I'd love as much information as I can get!

Thank you so much for reading
    Last edited by J4J; Feb. 29, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: situation changed