The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GoldensRule Guest

Default Katie Monahan-Prudent Clinic

For those interested, there will be a Katie Monahan-Prudent clinic in Zionsville, IN Oct 17th & 18th. Was a huge success last year. For more information please send email.

I wish I lived close enough to audit, I would love to watch this. I am a great admirer of Katie, and remember watching her when she was competing in the junior divisions, which tells you how old I am.

Are there any reports about the clinic last year? Katie is a perfect teacher and has a high reputation as horsewomen and showjumper. You can´t have a better instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpfan View Post
    Are there any reports about the clinic last year? Katie is a perfect teacher and has a high reputation as horsewomen and showjumper. You can´t have a better instructor.
    Ditto!
    She is wonderful on a hunter too!!
    My hero!!

What are the reasons that testimonials concerning clinics with Katie Monahan Prudent are hard to find? I supposed that there would be a steady flow of reports in order to value highly both her incredible experience and her extraordinary riding skills.

She has not done many clinics here because up to the past year, she has spent most of her time in France. But there isn't anyone better, except GM himself.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    She has not done many clinics here because up to the past year, she has spent most of her time in France. But there isn't anyone better, except GM himself.
    Exactly, I worked for her for several years and she is fantastic. Many 'younger' people haven't heard of her because she's really a trainer for professionals. Many of the best riders in the world have respect for her teaching style. Let's not forget who helped Beezie get a leg up .

Default Testimonial

My Daughter did the clinic here last year and loved Katie...she made things very difficult over very small jumps and I have to admit a very few were able to do what she wanted....we are doing it again this year but this time on our 4 year old recently imported green bean hunter, so I imagine it will be quite challenging for daughter and horse...We are looking forward to it,Katie is a great mentor and instructor and really drills the notion of perfect practice!!!

I audited her clinic in St. Louis last weekend. KMP was a fantastic instructor, tough but fair.

GoldensRule Guest

More info on the Indiana clinic is available through email or pm.

equestrian4271 Guest

Default Costly!

I was looking around for a clinic this fall and found this one. Although I would like to ride with her, I think the price is way to high. $550 for two days and another $100.00 for a stall? Many of the George Morris Clinics (both those that are with him or clinicians) on his schedule are priced less. With 4-6 horses per group, what a windfall for the barn owner/trainer.

IMO... I rather ride with Katie then GM. Btw...GM clinic was around $650.

I think, that Katie is instructing very vividly. Her gestures are descriptive. I never saw more enthusiastic than Katie. I regret that the reports about her clinics have the appearance of secrets. Or, where you can find internet reports?

I was fortunate to compete against her this year - and felt fortunate just to watch her ride. It was super educational.
    ---
    They're small hearts.

GoldensRule Guest

Quote Originally Posted by equestrian4271 View Post
    I was looking around for a clinic this fall and found this one. Although I would like to ride with her, I think the price is way to high. $550 for two days and another $100.00 for a stall? Many of the George Morris Clinics (both those that are with him or clinicians) on his schedule are priced less. With 4-6 horses per group, what a windfall for the barn owner/trainer.
    Yes, George's clinics are $650.00 plus at least $75.00 per day to audit. At Katie's clinic you get 2 bags of shavings included in your stall and the audit fee is only $40.00 per day. Well worth it for the amount of knowledge you will gain. IMO

equestrian4271 Guest

I am not knocking Katie, I am knocking the barn owner/trainer who is putting this together. With 6 in a group at $550.00 and four groups, plus the $100.00 a stall for a few stalls they are making a windfall. Of course, this is just my opinion but the clinic is being offered in the Midwest in a smaller horse community and I still think it is priced to high.

Katie is a superb trainer. This week at Harrisburg, she trained the USEF National Junior Jumper Champion, my daughter Reed. I may be wrong, but I think she is the youngest to win this gold medal, riding as 14 yrs old. She also trained Reed to Junior Jumper Champion at Devon this year, the youngest rider to win in Devon's history.

Make any sacrifice necessary to attend her clinic. You will be amazed at how much you learn about riding and about your horse.

Default Katie Prudent

I have a friend who is a friend of Katie P. and she said that she could get my daughter a lesson w/ katie....she's pretty expensive tho'....don't know if I should ...would one lesson be worth it?

yes, worth it, imo.

The lesson will be what she makes of it.. Get there early, be prepared, work hard , listen and learn.
    Last edited by JOBEAN; Oct. 14, 2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: T M I

When Katie taught in the uS she took average riders and made them great- if they had the desire to work. Do not go to her clinic thinking this is a fanny patting exercise. She is the best.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 13-15, 2015