The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Slideshow 2 Marathon @ Kentucky Cup

Sorry this took an extra day. I had sooo many images. These will give you a taste of the day everyone enjoyed. Will have the cone's slideshow up tomorrow.

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d54453...&blogview=true
    Touchstone Farm. Visit us at the slideshow of our Dutch mares and foals below! 30 mnutes of photos.
    http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4d6...304f513d3d0d0a

VERY COOL! It looks like I missed out on a GREAT weekend with my girl. Oh well, maybe in 2011!
    LAURA De
    **Don't underestimate the POWER OF PURPLE!**

Thank you again for the wonderful photos!

Were you able to get more photos of Obstacle #4 ("Mick's Mountain")? It drew quite a crowd, and really demonstrated how a driver has to carefully balance speed with control. One driver whiplashed her 'gator right off the carriage when she went screaming (literally) down the hill and hit the bottom a bit harder than anticipated. 'Gator was up and remounted very quickly, but there was some interesting language being heard by the gallery.

A great day - no injuries. One scary incident at the logs but God bless these horses, they are so brave.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

I really, really hope you don't mind that I shared your slide shows with my friends in the Northern California driving club. They all have asked me to pass on their thanks for the fabulous photos!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

I wish I could have gotten to more obstacles but was running score sheets for obstacle 2 and 3 so had to stay close. Just got to slip out to four for one horse... Luckily my SO was willing to do most of the cart driving so I could take pictures. You're welcome to share them CDE Driver but thanks for asking <s> I just take them to share the experience and hope more people will get hooked <g>
    Touchstone Farm. Visit us at the slideshow of our Dutch mares and foals below! 30 mnutes of photos.
    http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4d6...304f513d3d0d0a

Ah, well that explains it. No problems. I couldn't get any pics at all as I was judging and you certainly can't be shooting pics while watching the action. It was a total blast. I'm having serious pony lust now, and can't wait for my next lesson!

I've got a couple of 4 that I took while surveying it while competitors were walking it, but I have no idea how to post them from my photobucket account. Got a couple of cones, too, but again, I was working and couldn't get too many. Then the batteries on the camera died. I'm afraid there is no future in professional photography for me!
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Looks like you have the makings of a coffee table book? Just to many great pictures for a calendar. Thank you for sharing.