The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default This it be right - 10/4 it's POSTED - see post #220, p.11

If you haven't read BuddyRoo's moving tribute to those we have sent on, please do: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...3&postcount=13

She has graciously agreed to let me use this in a slide show honoring the horses we were blessed to have in our lives.

Please send me your favorite photos (either just the horse, or you with the horse), and tell me the horse's name.

I've set up a special e-mail address for this:

thisItBeRight at gmail dot com

Please try to send high-quality images, but if you can downsize them to no more than 800 x 600, that will help my bandwidth issues

Thank you!
    Last edited by Risk-Averse Rider; Oct. 4, 2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: changed title yet again
    Approved helmet: Every time; every ride.
    "When a sport gets to be predictable it ceases to be fun." - RAR's wise brother

What a precious thing for you to offer to do. Sent mine
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Sent
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

I think you need to just make a website where people can also post their tributes!

I will send pics when I have access at work later. Thank you for doing this!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

ummmm....maybe this is something for Special Horses, Inc. to take on? We would be happy to host it
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Picture sent, RAR.

Thank you!
    Homeopathy claims water can cure you since it once held medicine. That's like saying you can get sustenance from an empty plate because it once held food.

I can see that I'm going to be sending Mr. RAR to Costco to stock up on Kleenex... keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    I think you need to just make a website where people can also post their tributes!

I will send pics when I have access at work later. Thank you for doing this!
    Back in the day, when we were jingling for Baby Aiden to get a new liver (he just started 2nd grade, BTW - at an actual school with other kids, not home schooled!!!!), I had a site where people could send their photos in. Mainly horses, although a few dogs (and maybe a cat or 2 ) had photos there, too. I forget how many we had - lots and lots. Every time the page was loaded, it upped the jingles count.

Baby Aiden! Awwww! I STILL have my curb chain hanging from the rear view of my truck. It has been there ever since the curb chain jingle thing started~ hubby couldn't understand why until I explained to him. Now he knows why it never gets removed.
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Thumbs up R-AR, remember the photo you made for me?

I have attached it here for the rest of you to see. Oliver and I, five years ago, which I took with my cell phone. I sent it to R-AR and a few others because I love it. R-AR still had the photo of Willem that BBer and dear friend SoEasy took it a few weeks before Willem was PTS, and I absolutely cherish it.

R-AR put the two together and, being such a fashion maven (she gives Aunt Esther a run for her money), even matched the lipstick and nail polish in the text.

Risk-Averse Rider. A friend who always be right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this it be right.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	26399  
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Great pic Coreene. No doubt Willem is always just over your shoulder.

RAR I sent you my favorite pic of Dan and I. Hard to believe it has nearly been a year since his passing.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

I'll have to send a picture of the COTH Christmas Pony with his nose sticking through the bars and him dressed in his snow suit.

Thanks so much for doing this.
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!

I sent in my Dumplin' pic
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Quote Originally Posted by equinelaundry View Post
    I'll have to send a picture of the COTH Christmas Pony with his nose sticking through the bars and him dressed in his snow suit.

Thanks so much for doing this.
    Was that little Timmy? He was such a dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    I have attached it here for the rest of you to see. Oliver and I, five years ago, which I took with my cell phone. I sent it to R-AR and a few others because I love it. R-AR still had the photo of Willem that BBer and dear friend SoEasy took it a few weeks before Willem was PTS, and I absolutely cherish it.
    Awww... I had forgotten about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk-Averse Rider View Post
    Was that little Timmy? He was such a dear.
    Yep. Not only was he a super cutie but he brought so many people together that year.
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!

Thank you, RAR.

I sent the most recent pic I have of my guy. I'm working through the logistics of everything right now. It will only be another week or two before I have to say good-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk-Averse Rider View Post
    Awww... I had forgotten about this.
    I didn't, it also hangs in my tack locker.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I have 11 photos - 12 horses - they are breaking my heart.

Well, won't be today...maybe tomorrow. My dog had emergency surgery (now I've seen his insides) and I never did make it to the office.

I still think this is a great idea and if there's any way I can assist, please let me know.

I will send a pic of my BuddyRoo and me tomorrow.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...