The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Consignement Shop

Recently discovered a new shop in VA - has been open a while but I only heard about it from a freind who visited recently. "Changing Reins" at 6 Rail St. in Ashland Va, near Doswell and just off I-95 at the Ashland exit (take Rt. 54 west to Rail, just over the rail road tracks).

Lots of horsey gifts as well as used blankets, tack, hunt clothes, saddles, reins, stable equipment....very impressed with how much they had put in the shop and well worth a visit.

Will have to check that out, Thanks!
    Fair and kind, but with authority... - Jennie Loriston-Clarke

Do they have a contact # or website?
    Speak kind words,receive kind echos

It just happened that I still had the ad that I pulled out of a magazine. It doesn't list a phone #, but the web site is www.changingreinsinc.com. I was just recently there. They had a fair amount of hunt jackets,vests. I was talking to the owner's husband while waiting for a friend to meet me there. As well as consignment stuff, they also seem to buy new stuff from other places( I guess overstocks etc). They had quite a few saddles, lots of nice gifts(jewelry, bags, dishes). Definitely nicer than what I thought a consignment tack shop would be.

I actually haven't been there in a while, but they do have a lot of stuff. If y'all go, be sure to grab some lunch at Iron Horse right next door-- a friend of mine owns it, they have good food!

Another really neat "boutique" type shop is The Galloping Grape in Warrenton at 65 E. Franklin Street next to the old Depot Restaurant (now Claire's and a great place to have lunch or dinner!). The Grape has a great selection of consigned saddles, etc. as well as a really neat wine room and lots of horsey gifts. Definately one of my fav places to browse through and look for goodies!