The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nice CANTER mare at Delaware

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=302

Saw this nice mare today she just looked like an eventer and I thought someone here might be interested.

Trainer also has this mare who was quite nice even if our pics don't show it!

This guy could be worth a shot. He looked sound but the trainer thought the acupuncturist hit something bad in his back and the horse is still a bit sore. http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=302

Frisky Rose looks quite board with the photo shoot!

just an aside.. I looked at her pedigree and someone bred Island Kitty to Storm Cat and the best name they could come up with was Hennessy???

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith Clark View Post
    just an aside.. I looked at her pedigree and someone bred Island Kitty to Storm Cat and the best name they could come up with was Hennessy???
    Maybe Cat Island was taken, or maybe it just conjured up a bad memory for the breeder

Quote Originally Posted by Jleegriffith View Post

Saw this nice mare today she just looked like an eventer and I thought someone here might be interested.

Boy you find some good ones!!
    Cindy

Make any mistakes going forward!

Default Frisky Rosie

Sire Wisemans Ferry very good looking individual. Stands in PA
    16.3 sound 3yr old surely worth more than "free".
    To bad a filly would snatch her up.

I love the 3yo filly. Has that look, you know?
    "Cynicism is a sorry kind of wisdom" Barack Obama

Nice Jle!

Did you see this guy?

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/36...600x600Q85.jpg

At Moutaineer for $1k
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Navy just won the 4th a Del Park today. Earned over $10,000 for owner who is also trainer and rider so he gets to keep it all. I'll bet he's glad he didn't give her away yet.

yeah, i saw him.

here's his info:
    http://nhrexracers.proboards.com/ind...y&thread=31154

good looking boy! too bad he's nearly 10 or I would be interested.

mcorbett, you should have seen the 12 yr. old OTTB gelding at the TB retraining seminar this weekend. He would change your mind about older horses from the track. (just a few months out from track he went foxhunting, came to the seminar, jumped anything owner pointed him at.)
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Yep, that is one of the guys (Top Punch, at the retraining seminar) that came through our program and he is super cool. I realize for resale the older guys are tough but truthfully I think they are really easy to start and do well with the ammy riders if they have the right temperament. From ride #1 Top Punch acted like you could set some bombs off under him and he would keep on going. He just takes everything in stride like he has seen it all before and you just can't fool him. I love it. I saw a really cool 10yr at Delaware Park the owner might want to list and he was lovely.

RR- I love that guy he just strike me as something I would love to ride.

Navy's owner asked me to take her off since she ran well. He said that someone from here has first rights to her when she is done running and is ready to be a broodmare.

If I was looking SOLEY for myself age wouldn't really put me off. Alas, I've already got one retired mare, another 13 year old that I'm still eventing (i bought her as an 11 year old), and a 6 yr old QH mare I've GOT to sell (i'm having a hard time thinking about that), and my husband's rope horse.

anything new I bring home as a project has got to scream RESALE!!!

he is yummy! pretty nice pedigree to boot. 5 phalaris to 28 NON phalaris lines.

hmm....maybe i need to rethink this one?

can someone help bring him closer to TN??

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jleegriffith View Post
    Yep, that is one of the guys (Top Punch, at the retraining seminar) that came through our program and he is super cool. I realize for resale the older guys are tough but truthfully I think they are really easy to start and do well with the ammy riders if they have the right temperament. From ride #1 Top Punch acted like you could set some bombs off under him and he would keep on going. He just takes everything in stride like he has seen it all before and you just can't fool him. I love it. I saw a really cool 10yr at Delaware Park the owner might want to list and he was lovely.

RR- I love that guy he just strike me as something I would love to ride.

Navy's owner asked me to take her off since she ran well. He said that someone from here has first rights to her when she is done running and is ready to be a broodmare.

thank you for that info jleeg. I spoke to the trainer on the weekend, and he did say that she was going to run on Monday, and that someone else had first dibs on her.
    I'm glad she did well for him, but I am disappointed. That is a beautiful filly.
    Thank you for bringing her to our attention jlee.

Maybe *somebody* is trying to tell me I don't need another mare.......

He did tell me you were first in line so I will be sure to keep in touch with him and let you know when I find out. I joke around with the trainers because in many cases they list the horses with us and then they start running well. They take them off the listings and a few weeks later they might go back up on the listings.

Thumbs up good news!!

The beautiful big filly Navy has a new owner, and will be coming to her new home north of the border soon.

Huge thanks to jleegriffith for all her help!!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Fred, I missed this thread early on. Now the listing seems to be gone from the CANTER site, which is to be expected.

Is this the 2001 or 2006 Navy, or does she have more to her name than just Navy? I'm trying to figure out why her pedigree would be attractive to you as a match for AFR.

Personally, if I were a sport horse breeder, I'd kill for the 2001 Navy, but she is German and seems never to have imported.

You can PM if you'd rather.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The beautiful big filly Navy has a new owner, and will be coming to her new home north of the border soon.

Huge thanks to jleegriffith for all her help!!

Very cool! Glad you finally got her!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Navy has been hanging out at my farm waiting for her trip north. I keep telling her she better grow some hair fast.
    These are her pics:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2449/...a8496b84b4.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3440/...65a8655ae0.jpg

She is a big girl for a 3yr and I believe she has some growing left to do.

V- she is the 2006 version.

WOW! for Navy. Congrats Fred. So fun to watch these guys and gals get a home.

I actually bought a canter filly in Jan 2008 that the board had quite a bit of interest in. She has gone on to a lovely home on the local hunter circuit with a teenage girl who thinks the sun rises and sets upon her. Her JC name is Mrs. Capp. Here is the link to her photo from Canter.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1291895370

She ended up being a 9 mover (both as a hunter and dressage horse) and has a super temperament and good jump. She is brave and has a huge stride. Would have been a very nice eventer. She is about 15.3 and very petite, otherwise I would have kept her for myself. She was a bit hard to place because of her size and the economy tanked just as she was looking for a home, but she is such a fabulous mare that eventually we found her something. Sorry for the hijack. It just suddenly occurred to me to update.