I have to tell you that I'm not normally one to get on the supplement band wagon. I prefer independent empirical data supporting efficacy before I spend my hard earned dollars.

That said, I have an IR mare who is at about an 8 on the BCS. Scary fat. We also think she's pre-cushingoid so I had tried to get her into the Eli Lily study at MSU and as a result, had held off on giving the Thyro-L the vet had recommended and/or any supplements as giving anything would render us ineligible for the study.

Well, we didn't get into the study...and I moved to a barn Labor Day where I can actually be assured that her feed and turnout is as represented. So I got control over those variables....but I still wanted to do something extra. I did some research and found a lot of people talking about Smart Control IR.

Mare has been on it for about 2 weeks now and I cannot believe my eyes. Due to scheduling issues, I've really only seen her 3 times in 2 weeks. 1 day before she started, 1 day a week later, and yesterday.

Yesterday? Her neck? It's not as cresty. It's softer. It might sound crazy, but it looks like her topline has come up a bit. The fat at the base of her tail looks to be gone.

Now, we've modified the diet as well since Labor Day. She's on drylot turnout and getting 4 flakes of hay throughout the day. But even after 2 1/2 weeks of that plus riding, she wasn't looking this markedly different....until I started the Smart Control IR. She's only been worked twice since being on it and I think she's actually lost some weight now.

Again...purely my own observations...well, and my friend who also boards there noticed similar. But I figured I'd put it out there as a thumbs up for this product. If we continue on this vein, I might have a less fat Fatty McFat Fat sooner than I'd imagined!