The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 4 year old Arab Mare in NH - Free

I just found out that I am pregnant and I just don't have the time or resources for this pretty girl.

Johara VHF "Jojo" really is probably one of the sweetest mares you'll ever meet. She was born March 2005.

Dam is Polasingul by Gallup. Sire is ASA Ebony Pharoah. Johara is a dark grey right now, going fleabitten. She stands right at 14.3h and may make it to 15h before the end of the year (haha!). She's lanky and goofy looking right now....No doubt due to a growth spurt!

I bought this mare as a weanling and have done a ton with her already. I've shown her in hand in halter and sport horse. She's not a halter mare, but she has done a lot of ribbon winning (including blue!) at "A" shows in Sport Horse In Hand.

Last year as a 3 year old she spend 4 months in professional driving training. Now I haven't driven her since then, and she'll definitely need more training. But I drove her around a bit and felt comfortable. We're talking PLEASURE driving here in the show ring, NOT carriage driving.

I have backed her quite a few times this year, but I haven't rushed it. I believe in starting a horse slow and later in life so that they have a longer life. That said, she was SUPER easy to back. I've got her walking and trotting, she moves away from the leg and bends a little already. I've ridden her bareback in a HALTER in a FIELD. She is just that sane.....and that's with just 10 or fewer rides on her.

I think Jojo would be a FANTASTIC JTR horse, whether it be hunter or wp. She LOVES kids. She is VERY gentle with my 5 year old daughter who has basically grown up with her. My daughter has no problems leading her around, grooming her, and she sits on her as well during dinner feedings. The mare was MEANT to be a kids horse, and that would be MY ideal home for her. A kid who wants to do a little showing, maybe some 4-H, some pony club, etc. That being said, I am definitely more concerned with her getting a great home.

I can do transport within the New England states, but otherwise we'll have to work something out. Jojo is up to date on everything - shots, coggins, trim and deworming. Please email me privately - sntheroux@comcast.net for pictures!
    Sarah in New Hampshire
    My Blog - Adventures in Eventing

I wanted to add a link to pictures of her.....this is a facebook album but you *should* be able to access it even if you don't have an account!

Johara VHF Album
    Sarah in New Hampshire
    My Blog - Adventures in Eventing

Whats her height? And she looks to be correct in conformation...is she shod or barefoot? Tks

i sent you a PM

I forwarded your post onto a friend of mine who shows arabs in case she knows of any youths looking, but also wanted to say congratulations!!!

I sent you an email. I will also send you a pm just in case the email doesn't go through. I am very interested in Jojo
    Beth