The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Selle Francais registry in N. America - have question

I heard they are defunct. But one of my clients has a horse whose dam was a TB that was approved by the Selle Francais and I'd like to find her DNA info. Anyone from the old registry know who I should contact about this?
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

You can contact: nynke.zondervan@haras-nationaux.fr or patrick.clerin@haras-nationaux.fr
    They should be able to answer your question.
    You can email in english.
    "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two imposters just the same"
    Rudyard Kipling
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quartz...26013000796803

Thank you!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

if she is registered with the jockey club it might be easier to get the informatiion from them-I think all AJC xx s are DNA'ed.

The mare was a '86 model, so I'm doubting she was DNA typed by JC back then!

Can't you just redo her DNA or is the mare deceased??
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Her owner has dropped off face of the earth and she was somewhere in Canada! Thus, the reason we are going to all this trouble!

When I registered with the NA KWPN a foal from the 1984 (??) xx AJC model I had the option of having the foal identifed through blood typing as the mare had been bloodtyped way back at that time with the AJC. As I would have needed a vet to draw the blood-it was cheaper for me to just go ahead and have both mare and foal DNA'ed with pulled hairs. I am sure there is someone here more knowlegeable about this than myself as I do not know how the two identification methods differ.
    Last edited by omare; Oct. 2, 2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: I think the mare is 25 years old now