The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Asking too much? Attractive, inexpensive dog fencing?

I am moving from a farm to a community, and am fencing in around my house for my two dogs. I am renting, so anything really expensive or completely permanent is not the way I want to go. So far it seems my only options are the green pound in posts and welded wire or more expensive (but pretty) picket fencing. Anyone gotten creative with their dog yards? I need approx 180 feet plus a 12 foot gate, if that makes any difference!

Thanks!

Friends of ours had post and rail fence with wire Goat fencing lining the inside. IT looked goods from a distance b/c it looked like just the post and rail fence, but up close you could see the inner fence that kept the dogs in and other critters out. I don't know if that is an option, and it's not really Cheap, depending on the size of the yard. i feel for you b/c i am considering renting if i can sell my house and i would need to figure out a solution as well.