The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pomfret Hunter Pace- Tyrone Farm

Well the Pomfret Hunter Pace at Tyrone farm in Pomfret, CT is fast approaching! The date is Oct 10th and the entries close on the 6th.

If you guys have never been...its WELL WORTH IT! One of the most beautiful paces in new england it travels through country estates, acres of fields, old carraige roads that are the same as they once were 100 years ago, etc. The pace changes every year and they have spent all summer clearing new trails and patching up the spots that are usuallly muddy. We've had great weather here in northeast, CT this late sumer/early fall so im guessing there probably wont be much of any mud at all!

Its held at the beautiful Tyrone Farm, a working farm and on of the most quaint country estates. You're entry fee includes a BBQ chicken dinner with salad and homemade apple crisp! This dinner is one of the best you'll have at any horse event! Dinner is held in the Chestnut barn- an old post and beam barn restored and now used for wedding events.

If anyone has ever been, you know how this pace is and just how beautiful of a ride it truly is. There are PLENTY of cross country fences to jump...and i mean PLENTY! Registration is done online at their website and entry fees can be mailed to them

Go to thei website and then click EQUINE EVENTS and register there- hope to see a bunch of folks there-it should be a really great ride as always!

www.tyronefarm.com

It really is a fun ride! I went last year for the first time and it was great. Of course, the weather helped - it was STUNNING out in Pomfret with the leaves changing and the sun shining. If you've never been, I definitely recommend it :-) The food is great, too!

I went several years ago. Lovely, and on beautiful grounds.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.