The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Sahara's Gold - 2001(?) Palomino Mare in Maryland

Hi there -

We sold a this horse in 2002 and DH has always wondered how she was. Can't find the sales contract, but recall the woman was in the Woodbine MD area. She came with a Stock Horse trailer to pick the filly up (sold her as close to a yearling). This woman was soooo in love with her & had always wanted a palomino. I hope she was all she dreamed of Just wanted to know if the mare was doing well. No other issues, sale was legal, buyer was kind, just personal curiosity & hope to hear a happy story!

If anyone knows this mare or thinks they might have known her - you can PM me or post here.

2015 - Still wondering if anyone may know of this mare and her whereabouts. Again, there is NO issue with her sale... just wondering if she is still in the area.

I sold her with all her papers. She was registered and branded with the American Warmblood Society - brand on her left hip. Her dam was a registered TB, sire was a palomino paint stallion. I would think she would have matured around 15h, maybe 15.1. For the life of me I can't recall markings. I believe she did have facial markings, can't say about her legs.

I sold her when I was 5 months pregnant, must have been around June 2002.

Hope someone has info to close this story! Thanks.