The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who likes SmartSupplements??

They seem so cheap?!!

Im thinking of switching from Farriers Formula to SmartHoof and SmartRepair looks cool too....any chance it actually does what it promises?

------------------------------
    hmmm... so I placed my order but now i'm having second thoughts.

Horse 1: def getting SmartHoof but not sure what to get as a general joint/tendon suppliment

Horse 2: leaning toward the SmartTLC since the SmartRepair has a lot of stuff he doesn't need and it's really expensive!

Horse 2 is my sister's recently OTTB that's just a bit sore from track life (and he's got old osselets but I know nothing will "cure" them)

Horse 1: is my 6yo OTTB who's getting introduced to low jumping and basic dressage work.. just thought me might benefit from some simple maintenance.
    Last edited by 2LaZ2race; Sep. 19, 2009 at 10:44 PM.

So far, I've been pretty impressed by what I've used from them. I think they work as well as any other supplement, they are pallateable and the quality appears consistent. I like their new pelleted formulas.

At the moment, I'm only using Smartflex Senior. For three horses (I feel like I run a horsie old folk's home sometimes.) So the price is right and it really does seem to help all the old fellows.

I have used SmartTendon, though I'm a bit more sceptical about that being of any great use but it was one of those "can't hurt, might help" situations...

I love them. I switched from Matrix 5 to Smartflex Ultra, and now I'm using Smartflex Repair. Also use their electrolyte. I compared the ingredients one-by-one and their supplements have the same stuff, but cheaper.
    Daxia Digital: for all your social media and online marketing needs
    www.daxiadigital.com

I really like SmartGut and I'm considering adding one of the hoof sups next time...
    Y'all ain't right!

I like them. I use Smartflex Ultra III and Smart Digest. The quality is good. Ive been happy with the joint supplement so far. I cant say much about the probiotic though; it just came today!

I just switched to Smart Hoof pellets from Glanzen because my horse was not finishing all of the Glanzen powder. So far all I can say is that the horse eats the pellets. It'll take a lot longer to see if his hooves look good. But his coat doesn't look any worse than it used to...

Clever of them to make their own - they can see what the market wants and then create it and charge less. And there's no way to compare price since they are exclusive sellers.

I put my horse on SmartCalm Ultra about 6 weeks ago, and it has made a huge difference. More recently, I switched from Glantzen to SmartHoof Ultra. This is the 5th hoof supplement in 5 years, and I'm hoping it works better for my horse than the previous four.

SmartBreathe has been awesome for my mare with respiratory allergies.

smart hoof is amazing. my boy has had incredible results with it. i love all of the smart pak prices

I'm a fan. Neither of my horses get a "full" ration of a complete feed (both are easy keepers) and live out 24/7 on good pasture. As a result, I was concerned that they needed some form of multivitamin.
    After much hemming and hawing, I decided on SmartVite Senior 1/2 dose per day for each of them, plus SmartProtect since they are both seniors with arthritic issues and previous ulcers. I can't say they suddenly bloomed, because they were not in bad shape before, but I feel their feet, coats, and overall hardiness has inproved.

Maybe all the supplements are for my peace of mind, but they don't seem to mind!

I previously had them both on SmartVite Easy Keeper Grass, but the Senior formula addressed their needs more specifically.
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Smart Calm Ultra made a big difference in my guy. It's a powder but very palatable; smells like cake batter

Previously we had tried Calm & Cool paste (worked OK), Quietex (didn't help at all) and Calm & Cool pellets which also didn't help.

A woman at my barn has been very happy with the results she's gotten from SmartHoof.

Default Smart Hoof and Smart MSM

I have had my boy on Smart Hoof for over a year and I love it. No more hoof breaking off when he rips off a shoe and no more crumbling!! I just recently put him on Smart MSM Alfalfa pellets and have been very satifsied with it. He had a pulled tendon from a low heel and the vet said the MSM was probablly why he hadn't been sore.

So for what it's worth I love them, never really fed supplements before due to the cost, but got so fed up with his feet had to do something. This was the most cost effective and I am really happy with the results.

My TB mare is on SmartCalm Ultra, and I just switched her paks to the SmartCalm Ultra pellets. No more wasted powder!

She also gets Apple-A-Day and U-Gard.

I like the Smartpak brand supplements and especially like that they continue to offer more pelleted options.
    Rachael
    Silver Creek Farms
    silvercreeksporthorses.com

I feed SmartHoof to my mare with funky hooves. She no longer has thrush issues. I also use SmartVite since no one gets grain. Love both!

I wonder if they are following the Costco model and if you want to sell your product via them, you need to OEM to them under their Kirkland brand as well?

Anyone know?

My older Thoroughbred is on SmartFlex Senior and SmartE & Se. He eats them all up, and they are priced very reasonably. I have been really happy with them so far!
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

I ordered!

I got SmartHoof and SmartFlex Maintenance for my 6yo low level eventer and SmartRepair for my sisters 5 yo OTTB whos only been off the track for a month and is still a bit achey and sore.

Here's hoping for the best!

ah, i remember you you posted about that gorgeous dapple grey tb. i'm glad your sister took him! he's such a pretty boy, i hope he's doing better.

Has anyone tried SmartSox or Smart TLC? Have one recently dx's w/ navicular and wondering if anyone's noticed if these help. Just added Smart TLC to his SmartPak but won't start it till it arrives next week. Of course we'll be changing his shoeing so I'm tinkering w/ too many variables at once, but want to do all I can to make him more comfortable.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

I use SmartTLC on my 11 year old QH and he seems to be doing well on it. It has only been 2 months but he never comes out 'off' where he used to almost every 3 days. He'd work into becoming sound. I think it was/is arthitis so I'm giving TLC a thumbs up.

To 2Lz2race, I'd really consider not going in the direction of Smart Repair. There have been recent studies proving that Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate do not produce noticable results any better than a placebo when administered in the same amount.

Also, there is a great study called 'Will the real Hyaluronic Acid stand up.' In this article they state that only liquid HA is absorbed by the body to do what it is we intend with it. Because HA in Repair is powedered, I do not know how effective it would be.

I love most Smarpak products and this is not a reflection of how I feel about them over all. It is just something to think about and maybe save some $$.