The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted: DEAD QUIET aged gelding in TN

One of my clients (the very, very timid rider I've posted threads about) has finally consented to looking for another horse that she doesn't have any "history" with.

She needs something that is ROCK SOLID on the ground for everything. She would like something that can trail ride anywhere, and will do some trotting and possibly a little cantering in the arena, but I don't see her ever going past the walk on the trails. This horse needs to be the essence of bomb proof and not play mind games. A long-term lease would be fine and of course, maintenance issues dealing with age will be gladly dealt with.

Our barn is an amazing full care facility with tons of turnout and owner on the property. We have corrective farrier and vet on call all the time. There are several members of this board that will give our facility glowing references. My client is just looking for the right match that she can enjoy, learn and grown confident on. A large pony or smaller horse (under 15.2) is preferable.

pm sent

SolNSweetie Guest

I know of someone with a large pony that is geat with kids/adults BUT is in Virginia! He would be for free to the PERFECT home so if they could pay to haul him there or I could possibly meet them 1/2 way? He is 14.2, 21 yo QH gelding. Has been a school horse since he was 3yo so has been exposed to everything you can think of. He rides hunter but you can throw a western saddle on if you want. Has front shoes, has been outdoors his entire life (has run in shed), trail rides, W/T/C but owner does not want him to jump anymore. He was still being used in lessons & for the horse camps this summer but the number of students she has has declined so much that she needs to downsize to the larger horses & ones that can still jump 2'6". So she is selling some of the ponies & is giving this older guy away. I love him and showed him from the time he was ~4 to 10 if I had to guess. He is a gentleman & will let anyone tack him up, lead, ride, etc. It would have to be a FANTASTIC home though! Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks