The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for lesson barn in PA

I'm posting this for my daughter who lives in Fredericksburg, PA. She and her fiance run a string at Penn National.

Their almost 4 y.o. daughter wants nothing more than to "ride horses" (big surprise!) and they are looking for a good lesson barn to start her. My daughter is an accomplished rider and wants to find a place that has safe ponies, great instruction where her DD can get a good start.

4 y.o. daughter has all the requisites: helmet; boots; enthusiasm.

Any suggestions?

sent you a pm
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Very small world! I live in Fredericksburg! I'll shoot you a pm with my contact info to pass along to your daughter. I don't teach but my 7 yr old daughter rides and I may have some ideas.

A friend of mine gives lessons in Grantville at a very nice farm: www.heronhillsllc.com
    She is very knowledgeable and is great with kids. Her cell is 717 821 3723 Cindy Bohn.

Thanks so much to all of you have responded and PMd. I'm passing your contact information to my daughter. I think it would be wonderful if she could meet other horse people in her area.

Her little girl, Kellyn, is 4 y.o. today and, among other things received her first helmet and riding boots. She is one horse crazy little girl, not surprising because she comes from a long line of both sides!

Default Shamateur

Bedrock,

Cindy Bohn had better not be teaching riding lessons and getting paid for it because she rides as a AMATEUR. Better be careful about posting. If she gets paid to teach then we have a problem!!!!!!!! Please tell me someone else teaches (YEA RIGHT!!!!)

Bayberry64 - Best to get facts straight before flaming someone like a tiki torch! She gave up her Amateur Status awhile ago!

Default Phew!

Hope no ill-will is at work here.

Thanks again for all of your help. My daughter is an accomplished horsewoman so will be selective. Her 4 y.o. daughter in question is a blond/blue beauty with an iron will, so good luck to her eventual trainer!

O No, I didn't mean any ill will, I usually don't post much on this board as I get so sick and tired of people so quick to criticize others. More good will would get done in this world if everyone just thought more positively and were willing to help others instead of criticize others.

Thank you Bedrock et al.. My daughter would be well-served to find a selection of friends who are similarly minded.