The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Princeton Jumper Show at Hunter Farms

Can anyone tell me about this show? I think its in 3 weeks? What is the area like? Can anyone recommend a decent hotel? Thanks

Andrew runs nice shows -- They're unusual in that there's only 1 ring, but they're very well done -- Jackets are required for all classes (Can you tell GM is on the show committee?) -- Warmup is in one of their indoor rings and their other indoor is used for stabling -- Everything's close by, so there are no golf carts/bikes/scooters buzzing around --

I don't know about hotels, but it's in a nice area, so I'm sure there are decent hotels --

They're having a show this weekend and another in a few weeks -- They post prize lists at http://www.princetonshowjumping.com/ --
    "I never mind if an adult uses safety stirrups." GM

Thanks - this will be my daugthers first show on a "real" jumper so it should be interesting, glad its not a huge place!!

I grew up in that area, in fact my sister used to ride at Andrew's. It is beautiful and will be lovely in three weeks with the leaves. I am sure there is tons of lodging but I will have to take a *few* minutes to jog my memory.....

Thank goodness for Google - it works much faster than my old brain - here you go

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...R2GGLL_enUS339

Any of these would be fine. The Westin at Forrestal, IIRC, is a little far away but the others should be pretty convenient.....

The traffic can be bad - so make sure you leave plenty of time getting from hotel to show

Andrew's show is really nice - there is only one ring but the show is very well run. The last time I was there there were posted orders for every class, which is really helpful. The ring has good footing and the courses were always well done with nice jumps. They also usually have a tent which you can buy tickets to with food, drinks and seating for the classes. I found this to be very nice for spectators.

I know someone mentioned it but the traffic in Princeton is awful ... try to avoid staying in a hotel off of Route 1 or Route 206. I have sat in bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour more times then I can count in Princeton.

She will love it. The show is lovely, the grounds are so nicely kept and the jumps are interesting. Jumpers warm up in the indoor and he always uses a posted order. Laura Chapot and Chris Kappler are almost always there to support and the competition is good. He runs the show cleanly, with interesting courses and on time. The derby is a blast for the jumpers!! Bring rain gear cuz if it rains hard the tents are a total mess tho. Boy I am missing it up there and jealous. Have fun.

I like it. Eurostyle with posted order is great since it's just the one ring. He has a show there this week too btw.

I haven't been for a few years but I always liked it there. The ring is not huge but big enough. The courses are set fairly nicely, a little technical maybe but not in an unfair way like at some smaller jumper shows where it seems they were set by a blind person trying to play a joke on the rest of us! (Sorry, better jumper courses is my little pet peeve).

The schedule looks fun. Good classes to show in and pretty nice money. We have no real need to go to an all jumper show so we'll hit it this week only if the weather stays good. Grean beans can practice at home if it's raining! LOL

Nonas having a show in the end of September too, looks like we'll be going there. I don't know much about that though, maybe somebody from her team can give us the scoop there?
    Timothy, stop lurking

Thanks everyone, I will know after the weekend if she is going. We have Maclay this weekend, of course on a horse she is jumping for the first time today!! But trainer is not worried! Just mom is!!! I would just like her in the ring with the jumper before WEF!! But I think I will book a room,just in case!!