The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default What Would George Morris say?

GM states again and again that he never marks a rider down for using safe equipment if that is all they can afford ...
    Just suppose this rider showed up at his clinic saying he could not afford a horse but he loves to ride and jump.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=21337502001
    I thought I saw a refusal at 3:36 or so.

PS I don't think without national health care* the rider would have been this brave.

*Not in any way an endorsement of the bills being proposed now- too many loopholes and too much pork in every version so far.
    Last edited by 5; Sep. 14, 2009 at 12:37 AM.

Even George would be impressed.

Thanks for posting. That was amazing.

My son does this type of riding, it is AMAZING to watch! he works just as hard as his type of riding as the girls and I do at ours but he gets much less recognition for it! he plans to start to compete this coming spring! Tough work and tons of falls and scraps, one broken arm so far.
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Impressive footage...and attempt at making it HR, which it's not, so we're going to close it.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

5 is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Default What would George Morris say??? Again!!!

The moderators were T. A.d about the other thread* but the same question stands.
    What would the sthe riding master say (after all the times he has stated that equipment doesn't matter if that is what you can afford ) if a rider showed up in his clinic with

A) Horse in post 103# of thread http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...p?t=435&page=6 Clean horse, safe equipment, but not ... fashionable. BTW -I will no longer pay to post a pic anymore - not worth the price besides the horse has aged and the tack has been given away. Still if I had it I would have loved to have shown up in a GM clinic with it and the mares daughter....
    B) the rider in the first post *http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=223565

Same post as B but when the moderators delete the original post..
    GM states again and again that he never marks a rider down for using safe equipment if that is all they can afford ...
    Just suppose this rider showed up at his clinic saying he could not afford a horse but he loves to ride and jump.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=21337502001
    I thought I saw a refusal at 3:36 or so.

PS I don't think without national health care* the rider would have been this brave.

*Not in any way an endorsement of the bills being proposed now- too many loopholes and too much pork in every version so far.

I don't get this thread. Are you asking if George would school someone in a clinic that showed up on a trick bike?

As far as tack goes it's pretty simple really. I've ridden with George since I was pretty young (around 14 or so IIRC) so I know his likes/dislikes pretty well. First of all if you can afford a George clinic then you can afford a leather bridle for your horse (or at least a synthetic bridle that looks like leather). Honestly George DOESN'T care what brand name you're wearing or if your horse has the $50 smartpak bridle or the $600 hadfield as long as it is correctly fitted, understated and doesn't detract from the horse. Pink nylon tack does not fit that criteria.

First link doesn't work for me.

Other links have nothing to do with horses, do they? So why would GM care?

Simply because a cyclist and an equestrian can both be referred to as 'riders' does not make them one in the same. GM is an equestrian trainer, training people to ride horses - not bikes.

This is still not horse-related. If you really want to discuss this bike video and liken it somehow to riding, look for an Off Topic Day this weekend; otherwise, we're going to go out on a limb and say that GM would likely require an actual horse as part of the required equipment for a clinic he was teaching.

Thanks,
    Mod 1