The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Standing wraps -- where can I find?

I'm looking for standing wraps -- for myself (new job, on feet ALL DAY, on concrete floor). I have an old set of standing wraps, but they are a bit too short for human legs, and don't have any fasteners.

All I can find is polo wraps, which being "fleecy" and "fluffy" will not fit under my jeans and will pick up all kinds of trash if I wore them outside the jeans. And they're too short also.

I want 12' standing wraps, in a neutral navy or black (in case I have to wear them outside tight-legged jeans on occasion), with either velcro or ties. Does such a thing exist?

Default What about just wearing support stockings?

Would they have the same effect? I see them all the time in the pharmacies & medical supply stores. I've often thought about trying a pair myself. I'm on my feet all day, and I just stand on a thin laminate floor over concrete.
    Cindy

When I was just out of school I did an internship where I had to do A LOT of surgery-so I was standing in one place for long periods of time. I wore TED stockings-I just got them at the local hospital pharmacy. Worked great.

If you want something you can 'wrap' yourself with, I would suggest "track"bandages-they're just a bit stretchy but not at all fleecy. I get mine from Schneiders (I use them on my horses)
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Quote Originally Posted by greysandbays View Post
    I'm looking for standing wraps -- for myself (new job, on feet ALL DAY, on concrete floor). I have an old set of standing wraps, but they are a bit too short for human legs, and don't have any fasteners.

All I can find is polo wraps, which being "fleecy" and "fluffy" will not fit under my jeans and will pick up all kinds of trash if I wore them outside the jeans. And they're too short also.

I want 12' standing wraps, in a neutral navy or black (in case I have to wear them outside tight-legged jeans on occasion), with either velcro or ties. Does such a thing exist?
    Good god, don't do that, there's a better way! Go to Ames Walker on line and order yourself some compression stockings, if you don't have varicose veins these might be enough support:
    http://www.ameswalker.com/jore15st1.html
    Good support stocking will also keep you from getting varicose veins, they're a good preventative plus they keep your legs from swelling and just aching all day.

ETA if you ride after work, these stockings will help keep your legs from swelling, I used to have a lot of trouble getting my boots on after work until I started wearing them.

what...are the "Wicked Witch of the West" boots, with the curled up toes, no longer providing enough compression????????????
    Hillary Clinton - proven liar, cheat, traitor and defender of rapists! Anyone but Hillary 2016! https://www.facebook.com/AntiHillary2016

Second on the support hose. I wore support pantyhose when I had a job that required me to be on my feet eight or nine hours a day. They make an incredible difference in leg fatigue and swelling.

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Compression hose can make a huge difference. Ames Walker is a great company to deal with. You can start with the knee-highs, or go straight to the full-length. A thigh-high model is also available, but

Good shoes are also important. It isn't the amount of cushioning that makes a good shoe.