The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Sempatico babies undersaddle?

How many of ya'll have Sempatico babies actaully undersaddle? I have had my girl at the trainers and progress has been very sloowww. She is highly sensitive. Another issue is that when in heat she is impossible to work, if you touch her she squats and pees and that's it. I have to wonder if this comes from the Sempatico side as I own both dam and granddam and both are pretty much polar opposite. I am also exclusively a mare owner and have never had an issue where the mare simply won't work due to being in heat. Just wondering how the progress of anyone else's foals are doing?

I am doing groundwork with my two-year-old and she is pretty much an unflappable creampuff.

Her older full-sister was started in the spring and was hacking out within a week. She was the one who ended up leading the older babysitters through some scary spots!

So far, we have not seen anything like what you describe from either of these two girls.

How is she when not in heat?
    Cold Spring Farm
    German and Arabian-related GOV sporthorses

https://www.facebook.com/groups/426884770673419/

I'd think that was more HER, rather than anything coming down from her Daddy.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Default Have three yr old at trainers

I have had several Sempatico foals...one of the oldest is at the trainers now. I started her ground driving in the late spring, and she has been at the trainers since Sept 1st/09 Doing walk/trot after three days there. She is 1/2 Tb so I expected her to be hot....! Not much fuss, he, the trainer got on her after two days of getting used to the indoor and a big training/show barn....
    Actually she is rather too smart, one has to be careful about just what she learns...sigh...but takes most things in her stride.
    We free jumped her at home about three times...2'3 max....Really good to work with, smart, not scared of blue tarps, straw bales, white ground poles...and really catty when she made a mistake. Tight knees...you can see her thinking!
    You have to realy watch to see when she is in heat.....nothing overt.
    My yearling Sempatio filly is a tad more 'looky' but really willing to learn too, looks a bit at ground poles but then walks right on over.....her dam is totally mellow.
    The Sempatico nursing foal filly from this year is a pocket pony, full warmblood, dam is Swedish. Will maybe be a tad stubborn, but too early to tell yet.
    All different, but all are thinkers, and not frantic types at all.
    Martha

pinto power, do you have pictures of you oldest, as well as her dam? Any o/f pictures?

you have a PM
    Martha

We have a long two year old and I would agree that I doubt it's coming from the Sempatico part of the equation. I'm not a big color fan, but this guy really is spectacular! Easy, easy, easy. Unflappable, people oriented and does everything you ask of him without any muss or fuss. And on top of it all, he is a spectacular mover !

http://www.avalon-equine.com/shenandoa.html

Kathy St.Martin
    Equine-Reproduction.com, LLC
    http://www.equine-reproduction.com

and

Avalon Equine
    http://www.avalon-equine.com
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

He is lovely Kathy!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!