The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

GenaLewis Guest

Default TB/ Paint Cross Gelding in Knoxville, TN - Free to Approved Home

I have a 6 year old, 16 hand TB/ Paint cross gelding. He's a great trail horse and a decent mover. I've ridden him on the Abrams Creek trail in the Smokey Mountains. We went past in no particular order: signs, trash cans, kids on bikes, kids playing by the river, bright tents, campfires, other horses, guys carrying firewood. Amos never spooked or did anything - just walked right on past. Unfortunately, he's a roarer and his roar has gotten to the point that he needs surgery to do anything besides walk. The UT vet school told me it would cost about $1500 and should fix the problem. Amos has had basic dressage training and could probably do low level jumping. He's a good all around guy and would be an excellent horse for a teenager who wanted a quiet horse to train and do a little bit of everything with.

I would like to find a good home for Amos. I have rheumatoid arthritis and it is hard for me to handle a horse of Amos's size. My other horse is basically a big pony and is perfect for me.

If you are interested in Amos, please feel free to PM me or email me directly at gena(a)genalewis.com. Amos must go to a loving home with people who are financially able to care for him and can provide a stall, appropriate care and safe turn out. A right of first refusal is required, as is a guarantee that should you not be able to keep Amos, you will return him. Trainer, vet and farrier references are required. I will not give Amos to a dealer or to anyone who is not looking for a long term friend and companion. I would be willing to give Amos to someone as a project horse, however, if the person is a recognized trainer or working with one and can provide references, both as to their riding level and as to the type of people with whom they have placed horses in the past, and upon submission of a training plan for Amos.

I just sent this post to someone looking for a quiet train horse in lower Delaware.

Quote Originally Posted by GenaLewis View Post
    I have a 6 year old, 16 hand TB/ Paint cross gelding. He's a great trail horse and a decent mover. I've ridden him on the Abrams Creek trail in the Smokey Mountains. We went past in no particular order: signs, trash cans, kids on bikes, kids playing by the river, bright tents, campfires, other horses, guys carrying firewood. Amos never spooked or did anything - just walked right on past. Unfortunately, he's a roarer and his roar has gotten to the point that he needs surgery to do anything besides walk. The UT vet school told me it would cost about $1500 and should fix the problem. Amos has had basic dressage training and could probably do low level jumping. He's a good all around guy and would be an excellent horse for a teenager who wanted a quiet horse to train and do a little bit of everything with.

I would like to find a good home for Amos. I have rheumatoid arthritis and it is hard for me to handle a horse of Amos's size. My other horse is basically a big pony and is perfect for me.

If you are interested in Amos, please feel free to PM me or email me directly at gena(a)genalewis.com. Amos must go to a loving home with people who are financially able to care for him and can provide a stall, appropriate care and safe turn out. A right of first refusal is required, as is a guarantee that should you not be able to keep Amos, you will return him. Trainer, vet and farrier references are required. I will not give Amos to a dealer or to anyone who is not looking for a long term friend and companion. I would be willing to give Amos to someone as a project horse, however, if the person is a recognized trainer or working with one and can provide references, both as to their riding level and as to the type of people with whom they have placed horses in the past, and upon submission of a training plan for Amos.