The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stressed OUT!!

The girls are heading to their first show this weekend, both on the new ponies they got this summer. They are sooooo excited, I am totally stressed out!
    I used to get MYSELF ready to show, now there are TWO kids and two ponies, which means DOUBLE of everything!! And the weather is miserable ( should break tomorrow afternoon) so no ponies have been ridden today LOL!! To top if all off my mom usually helps me , but my nephew is REALLY sick and will be hospitalized tomorrow morning, my sister is a mess so my mom will be with her ( rightfully so) so I am on my own. Tonight I am having a few drinks and writing my lists LOL wish me luck!!! Remind me of anything that I might overlook! I do have all the basics together and the trailer is ALWAYS packed so its really just bathing , braiding, and cleaning tack and boots I think. I bought new show sheets today for the ponies that match, and new shipping wraps ( they match too) girls have all of their clothes together and ironed, boots will be polished after their ride tomorrow. REally there is nothing to stress about right?
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

I only show a few times a year at most and I do not have it down to a science at all. IT'S A MAJOR STRESS, just to do it for myself and my horse. I can't imagine getting two girls and two ponies ready.

Hmmm, did you remember the white powder? I'm always glad I have it.

Relax! Its not the maclay or anything. It wont be the end of the world if something isnt just right. Have fun!

Charge up the batteries for the camera.

Make sure somebody packs the camera.

Also make sure somebody packs the batteries.

And the spares.
    Incredible Invisible

Jingles for your nephew.

That's a lot of work - two ponies plus child wrangling - you have my sympathy.

I hope everyone has a good day. Best of luck to your daughters.

Good luck! Lists, extras of everything... food, drinks, raincoats, sweatshirts, etc.
    What show are you attending?

Double check to make sure you have two girths. Ask me how I know

Have fun!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Jingles for your nephew and your sister.
    I'm w/ moonie, this is supposed to be FUN. Let go of all the should, could, would and go to have fun supporting your kids.
    Breathe in - Breathe out.
    You've got it covered and IF something goes wrong - Breathe and laugh. You are going to be at a horse show w/ your kids and their wonderful ponies - no stress.

Make sure to pack drinks and food for your girls and treats for the ponies! Relax and have a good time. I remember the days when I had two girls on ponies and we did everything ourselves. We had loads of fun and now one of my girls is a senior in highschool. Enjoy these times with your DD's they go by so fast.

Thank you all for the reminder, it is NOT the end of the world if something goes wrong or is not perfect! LOL I am SURE something will go wrong because that is the way my life goes!
    White powder is good I forgot that! and we have lots of white socks.
    I did remember the food and drink , my youngest DD turns into something of a brat when she is not few on a regular basis.
    Thanks also for the jingles, I was thinking of not going to the horse show, but the girls have been working so hard this summer towards this goal that I also hate to disappoint them. If we get really bad news tomorrow we will reevaluate the situation. My mom can handle my sister and my dad can always drive the trailer ( he is not good at sitting in hospitals it will be better if he has something to do) or we will bag it and help my sister and nephew if that is what we need to do.
    I will post pics on Sunday night and video, thanks for the support!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by hellerkm View Post
    Thank you all for the reminder, it is NOT the end of the world if something goes wrong or is not perfect! LOL I am SURE something will go wrong because that is the way my life goes!
    White powder is good I forgot that! and we have lots of white socks.
    I did remember the food and drink , my youngest DD turns into something of a brat when she is not few on a regular basis.
    Thanks also for the jingles, I was thinking of not going to the horse show, but the girls have been working so hard this summer towards this goal that I also hate to disappoint them. If we get really bad news tomorrow we will reevaluate the situation. My mom can handle my sister and my dad can always drive the trailer ( he is not good at sitting in hospitals it will be better if he has something to do) or we will bag it and help my sister and nephew if that is what we need to do.
    I will post pics on Sunday night and video, thanks for the support!
    Cant wait to see the pics!

Sending jingles, prayers and best wishes to your sister and her son. I'm sure your show day will be fine. There will always be plenty of shows.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Quick update, my nephew was started on some new meds this afternoon and is AT HOME and doing really well. My niece walked over to the barn and said he must be fine because he was picking on her!! The doctors will continue to monitor him with blood work and follow ups through the week to see if the meds are helping.
    Ponies are braided, and bathed and have been turned back out in their new turnout sheets!
    I braided BOTH ponies today , it was the first time I a made it all the way through a whole mane ( not to mention 2) they came out well ( not A circuit well but pretty darn good) my hands hurt , my back hurts and I need to go to bed. We will be up and out by 5:15 we have to feed the crew before we leave!
    Thanks for all the great suggestions, camera is charged and ready and the girls have been reminded that we do this for FUN! so they are happily asleep in their beds, so far no nerves at all from them just excitement!
    Kim

Glad to hear your nephew is doing better!

Remember to double check everything! Don't forget the lists!

Have fun and take lots of pics--we'll be eagerly awaiting them!

GOOD LUCK!

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Smile

I hope your girls do well. All the hard work and dedication should really pay off. Good Luck!!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

I knew SOMETHING would go wrong LOL! we get to the show and there is no digital card in the camera LOL!!!! I could have DIED thankfully my mom took lots of pics ( I will upload them as soon as she emails them to me!)
    So now for the results

Sarah 4th in the walk class ( pony PULLS big time)
    2nd in the walk trot class!!!!

Meg 4th in the walk class
    1st in the EQ class
    5th in the pleasure class

ROxy ( the 3yr old) was an absolute DREAM!!!! I love this pony but today she really proved herself, she walked right on the trailer ( first) she hacked all over the show grounds without so much as a sidewards glance at anything!! And she hacked around in her classes like a PRO!!!
    Lizzy was her usual self, she hates to have her mouth touched AT ALL so she can be a real pain with her head, adn we could not use the daisy reins LOL! But Sarah really sat up and rode her well, for her first show ever she did GREAT!!
    gorgeous day great ponies and nice calm kids can't ask for more than that!!
    Kim

Smile

Too funny about the memory card. I think you were only reminded about the camera and charged batteries. Glad to hear that the ponies were well behaved and that your girls had fun. Congrats and I like many others can't wait to See the pics!!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    Too funny about the memory card.

*snork!* That was me - I forgot to add memory card because DH never allows anyone else to touch it; it's always in the camera unless he's doing a download.

Glad everyone had a good time.
    Incredible Invisible

CONGRATS to all in and out of the ring!!!!!!!

The memory card--sounds just like me!

It sounds like your girls had a GREAT time at their first show and it was an overall good experience. Wonderful!! Congrats to all of you!

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!