The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New Rita Mae Brown Book for 2009?

Does anyone know if there will be a new Rita Mae Brown book for 2009? It's become a tradition of sorts to start the season with a new release....maybe Horse Country will do another book signing.

Did you check her website? Also, Barnes and Noble's website usually offers an opportunity to "pre-order" her books before they are published so check there too.

I was wondering the same thing over the weekend. Amazon has no info. Still hoping though!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I just discovered Rita Mae Brown 2 years ago and totally LOVE LOVE LOVE her funny little books. I am currently reading Pawing Through The Past. I also bought Outfoxed and read a chapter in it but havent had time to get through that one. I also just bought Dolley but havent had a chance to even upon its parcel yet either. So many books so little time. I've seen her interviewed several times and she is a hoot.

I checked her website, but no sign of a new Sister Jane (or Mrs. Murphy).

Amazon has "Cat of the Century" to be released 04-10 but nothing listed for sooner. I love her books as well. I don't know if that one is brand new but it is one I haven't read.

Default Riding Shotgun

I picked this one up free at a coffee shop and read it while fly across the Atlantic (from California). It is still my favorite (next to Rubyfruit of course)

Anyway she came to San Francisco and did a reading. She signed my book with her phone number (probably the hunt number) and invited me hunting.

perhaps I will if I get back east. . .!
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

She has a new memoir of her experiences with animals due out in a few weeks:

http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Magneti...2721223&sr=8-1

Love all her animal books !!! Pop Tart Gin Fizz and Tomohawk !! Miss Murphy and Pewter and Tee Tucker --- reading Sour puss currently .
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

In her most recent hunt newsletter she says she's been tied down working on a new Mrs. Murphy book.

Can hardly wait ! Love the books !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Seems like I read on Amazon she was to release a book at the end of Sept.
    Speak kind words,receive kind echos

I think that release date is for a paperback of a hardcover that has already been out for a bit. I could be (and hope that I am!) wrong.

I LOVE the Sister Jane books. What could be better than an awesome murder mystery filled with wildly descriptive passages of horses, hunts, and hounds?! I also love the wisdom from the animals.
    I have also listened to a few of Rita Mae's books on tape. Her voice brings the scenes to life even more than her descriptions. I listen to "The Hunt Ball" all the time. Especially the chapter where the foxes get trapped in the feed bin, run through the hounds to split the pack, which angers the cow and her calf, whom then charge at the riders. Some of the most comedic literature ever written, in my opinion.
    "Function in disaster, finish in style, and remain at the center of your being." - Lucy Madeira Wing