The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hannah, Any luck? Keep us posted if you get her. It sounds like she'd have a wonderful home with you!
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

Can you let me know if you continue not to get a call back? We were told this horse needs to go ASAP so I can try to track down another number of someone who is connected to the horse and will return calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleegriffith View Post
    Can you let me know if you continue not to get a call back? We were told this horse needs to go ASAP so I can try to track down another number of someone who is connected to the horse and will return calls.
    I am very interested in the mare and have a hauler anxious to hear if he can bring her to me on a run that direction he has scheduled for later this week. But, alas, no reply from the number that was given. The number has a Florida area code...is there anyone in Delaware that has closer contact with the mare that I can talk to?

I can provide a knowledgeable and loving home and all the time for rehab she needs. But, must talk with someone first to confirm a few important things. Like, does she have a good temperament or have any issues with vices? Does she come with her JC papers? I will have her inspected and approved for warmblood breeding so she must have her papers. Will also need her coggins and to get a health certificate done if she does not have one that is within 30 days. Need the health certificate to haul across state lines.

Please let me know if you find another contact. It would be helpful even if I could talk on the phone to the volunteer that saw her. Send me a PM with number if that is a possibility.

Thanks

It is common for trainers to have out of state phone numbers but I will see if i can find out another contact for this horse for you. They all have coggins (have to to race there). Trainer said she had a good temperament and you would have to ask the trainer if they will release the papers. Some trainers do and other will not. I will call right now and see if I can get another contact number.

A friend of mine spoke w/ the trainer the other day and I believe its in the works for this lovely mare to come and live in the sunny Florida panhandle. I will let you know and post pics when she gets here. I know she is super excited to have come across this lovely mare and if it all works out, she will have a wonderful home.

Myself and one of my friends both have Our Emblem babies, they are fantastic horses! Who ever gets her is going to be very lucky! She is gorgeous!

Default mark me

I finally was able to reach the trainer today and was told the mare is temporarily unavailable due to complications that have come up with her injury. The exact nature of the problem was left somewhat vague but infection was mentioned. Canter folks, could you possibily drop by to see the mare next time you are there and see if you can find out more detail?

Quote Originally Posted by myhorsehannah View Post
    I finally was able to reach the trainer today and was told the mare is temporarily unavailable due to complications that have come up with her injury. The exact nature of the problem was left somewhat vague but infection was mentioned. Canter folks, could you possibily drop by to see the mare next time you are there and see if you can find out more detail?
    Infection from a suspensory? What's up with that ?

Quote Originally Posted by AiryFairy View Post
    Infection from a suspensory? What's up with that ?
    it definitely did not add up. i'm hoping someone can go look at the mare to see what is really going on with her. i have a bad feeling about it

I talked with the trainer today, he's pulling her from listings temporarily, as there is some kind of complication with the injury. He wants to make sure this horse has a good chance at being sound before he offers her out. The meet ends in Oct, so I imagine you will hear by then on her status, but as of now she's not available anymore.

It seemed like the trainer was a very very nice man, and really cares about his horses, and just wants this girl to have the best chance. Sorry for those that were very interested in her, and keep an eye out, we'll be removing her from the site in the next day or 2, and will let you know if/when she's relisted.
    ---------------------------

~Once you have ridden the tiger it is impossible to dismount~