The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wow--Canter BEAUTY! Delaware Park

This mare will knock you socks off. She is big and gorgeous and by Our Emblem. She does have a pulled suspensory, but just needs some time off.

http://tiny.cc/79EIm
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Yes, she is gorgeous. What would be involved in the treatment of the suspensory injury? Whats the chances of her being 100% sound for riding? jumping?

Quote Originally Posted by kcmel View Post
    This mare will knock you socks off. She is big and gorgeous and by Our Emblem. She does have a pulled suspensory, but just needs some time off.

http://tiny.cc/79EIm
    She's lovely. Any idea what her temperament is like? How does she move?Being on stall rest you may not know, but what does her trainer say?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirlEQ View Post
    Yes, she is gorgeous. What would be involved in the treatment of the suspensory injury? Whats the chances of her being 100% sound for riding? jumping?
    The answers you are looking for are stated in the listing.
    Sailing the high seas but secretly wishing to be on the back of a horse.

Is she still available? What a beauty and she has good bloodlines too.

I am so partial to TB mares...
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," to be released in the summer of '14

She's yummy.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Yes, she was just posted this week and needs a home ASAP! Give the trainer a call if you have more questions but our volunteer said she was simply gorgeous and the trainer said she was a really nice mare one of the special ones.

Any idea what shipping would be to eastern MA?

This is so bad...I really do not need another horse! But I am partial to TB mares, and my own mare raced at Delaware Park. She also had a suspensory injury, so I am well versed in the care and layup...

I am hoping one of my friends will take her so that I don't have the temptation!!

Quote Originally Posted by PONY751 View Post
    The answers you are looking for are stated in the listing.
    Not exactly...

Would she need 30 days stall rest, or just 30 days no work? Will she need to be sweated and wrapped? How long will it take for her to be completely sound. I've seen other horses never right after a suspensory injury. I'm asking a question looking for a real answer.

Only a vet would be able to give you that answer. I suggest you call the trainer and ask for the vet's contact info who evaluated her or if you like her have a vet take a look. We have no way of knowing but I would suspect there would be wrapping and stall rest involved before she would be turned out.

Suspensories require stall rest....I am sure the 30 days is no turnout rest. The good news is...it's a front suspensory and not a rear...front suspensories have a much better chance of completely healing than a hind one.

She is absolutely stunning.

Anyone have any idea what shipping would be from DE Park to MA? Also, any reputable shipper recommendations?
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," to be released in the summer of '14

Default Word To the Wise

Get it Ultra Sounded FIRST before you leap.
    And I just sold a lovely "our Emblem" he was the best minded horse and a drop dead gorgeous mover. If she has 1/2 of his attitude and movement she will be a winer.
    BUT first get the suspensory Ulra Sounded. If its torn @ the branch it will need longer and even a bad one will fill in but can become chronic nagging issues.

STUNNING!!!!

For shipping quotes, you can try
    www.travelinghorse.com
    or
    uship.com

Both will give you quotes. I have never used uship but I use travelinghorse all the time.

I have used Mike from A & J horse transport out of PA in that area with great prices, if you google the name you will find his site.

Additionally, if you talk to the trainer they may know someone from the track who makes regular runs to other tracks that may be closer to you. This is usually the most economical way to ship in my experience.

Good Luck and do be careful and with the suspensory, especially with jumping.

Thanks. I am trying to convince my farrier/friend to take her. She is a lifelong horsewoman who has her own small barn, and was just saying that she'd like to rescue another OTTB, as she has the room. The mare would have the best of care and would not be used for jumping - just light trail riding and some very light ring work.

I'd take her myself in a heartbeat but cannot justify paying board for 2 horses right now.

Kim- If you're still looking for a shipper recommendation/estimate, I'm a big fan of Potomac (www.potomachorsecarriers.com)- despite the name, they're based out of northern MA (or maybe southern NH? don't remember off-hand). They shipped one of ours down to Aiken last year for $800-ish and recently brought my new guy up from southern MD for $500-ish on short notice (we're at the CT/RI line). I think their prices are fair for the quality of service and peace of mind; TJ is a true horseman, their communication is excellent, and the rigs are really well maintained.

Default Mark Me

Has anyone been able to reach the owner/trainer at the number listed? I have tried but no luck. If I can confirm a few important details (good temperament, no crib, JC papers) I am all prepared to take her. Fortunately, I am married to a vet, so we are well prepared to rehab her. Even if she never recovers full soundness, she will have a home with us.

there are a number of modalities to help heal soft tissue injuries. She is lovely and worth the effort!

I just did some shockwave for a hind suspensory with very good results.

Good luck
    Darcy

Lucky person who gets her, I've been drooling over her for a couple of days, what a desperately pretty mare. Please post a followup if you take her home!