The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default John Henry and Me

I worked all weekend on sorting more of Mom's "to be filed someday" boxes, and I found several little treasures, including this picture. I certainly remember the day and remember this picture being taken, but I was never able to find it anywhere when I looked. My pictures of John, but not the one she took of the two of us. Of course, Mom had it under "miscellaneous office filing." Those boxes are the most tangled-up, shuffled mess.

Neat old memories. I'm divying up Mom's stuff, but I doubt anybody is going to fight me on this.

John doesn't look impressed, but I won't take that personally. He won a whole lot more races and earned much more money than I have.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...HenryandMe.jpg

The staff at the KHP was awesome that day. For years, Mom remembered meeting John Henry, even though she was unhorsey and most horses for her blended into the great equine mass. Even before I was giving her details, she said, "That one KNOWS he is somebody."

Hey you got to touch him AND keep your arm, that alone is a feat! Thanks for sharing.

Very cool, I have a pic of him too, but I was the camera person. Lucky you to actually be in the pic!

Never got to touch the old man but I did get a few pictures of him "close" to me at the KHP.

Did this promised documentary ever get produced/released? (see youtube trailer)