The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Can I just used the Shocked Smiley for the title here?

This morning I rode Benny for the second time. I was ready! Armed with my crop ready to drive him forward. We starting off in the round pen and he didn't need much prodding to move forward! So after about 15 minuets in the pen I decided it was time to head out to the arena.

Benny was alert but not skittish as we rode to the arena. He walked forward and alert around the arena and then I asked him to trot. I was grinning from ear to ear. This boy doesn't trot he T-R-O-T-S~!!!!! I mean, I know he has some movement on him from what I've seen in the round pen, but in the big arena he just became the most amazing animal to sit on, and he isn't even carrying himself round yet!! His stride just ATE up the arena, and yet the moment I would take a nice breath in and sit he just softly dropped to his big chilled out walk. I was smiling and crying all at once.

Not only is his health wonderful and his weight coming along famously but now he is showing incredible talent and ability. I really never expected this out of him!

PS. I promise as soon as I get someone competent with the camera out there with me I will post video!
    “Four things greater than all things are, - Women and Horses and Power and War”