The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Do you SmartPak??

I think Lizzy could benefit from a joint supplement and a hoof supplement, I like the idea of the SmartPak's and they seem fairly well priced. Do you use them and do you like them? can you tell me what you use?
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Thumbs up

My mom and I just switched over to smartpaks rather than making up baggies every month.. and it seems so much less expensive than before :-) Good idea!

I've got one who gets SmartGut and daily wormer. I still buy his Cosequin ASU in a tub from the vet school because it's a significant savings. I love the convenience of SmartPaks!
    Y'all ain't right!

I love smartpaks! My guy gets Smart Flex III Ultra. It makes feeding so much easier, and (this might sound stupid, but...) They look soooo neat! So much more fun than the usual tubs. I also love the fact that I can order anything else I need and pay no extra shipping charges! Smartpak is Awesome!

SmartPak is fabulous! Great customer service, great prices, pretty much the only place I need to go for most of my horsey needs. Even when there were mistakes in an order (which has only happened once). There was no questioning, only great people to talk to an fix the problem and I had what I needed in a couple of days. They really are worth it!

Thanks!! I will place my order! and I also think they are "neat"! We use them for our stallion ( he gets a bunch of special junk due to his Cushings) and the other day when they came in the mail my dad opened the box and states loudly " what? htey even have his NAME on them??" we all laughed at him!
    I was not sure if they were the best value for routine things like joint and hoof supplements!
    Kim

Default Love Smartpak!

Every horse on our farm (38) is on a smartpak. From daily wormers to joint support. It's much easier for the grooms and I love how they auto-ship them.

I have been doing the Smart Paks for a few months now, and I love it! Customer service is outstanding. When I got my first shipment, one of the drawers was broken during shipping. I e-mailed them to ask what I should do, and they sent me a new drawer that arrived in like 2 days.

All 3 of my horses get electrolytes and Black as Knight (2 bays and a grey) and one gets Smart Flex II and another one gets Cool Calories.

I'd definitely recommend them to anyone.

The only drawback for me is that the raccoons that live in the woods behind my house figured out how to open the drawers. As of right now, I've outsmarted them, but I know they're in the woods coming up with a plan. I'm about to get one up'ed by some rodents.

Love the SmartPak!
    I order electrolytes and a multi vitamin on a monthly basis.
    I also love the prices on blankets, sheets and coolers.

My horse is on U-guard, MegaMag, and Grand Hoof in SmartPaks, and has been for almost two years.

As someone who boards, they're a great convenience. They're labeled, dosed, and I can have them delivered right to the barn. I don't have to deal with tubs or baggies and mixing things up. For me, whatever price differential there is is more than made up for by the convenience.

I can also tell you from the perspective of someone who has worked in boarding barns at various times for years -- Smartpaks are so so so nice for the person doing the feeding. Clearly labeled as to what belongs to who, no measuring, no opening and closing 5 different containers, no having to make note when things are running out and then make continual reminders for the owner to bring in a new container. Plus they are kind of fun to peel

We have most of our horses (who need sups) on Smartpaks. I LOVE it. I am the one who does the feeding 95% of the time, but it makes me feel much better when I DON'T feed to know that everyone is getting what they need. For the most part, they make the feed room much neater, too. Our feed room is tiny, so it has taken some creative shelving to get them all stowed away, but it isn't bad.

My own horse gets TractGuard am and pm, a little garlic with his breakfast, and Farrier's Formula in the evening. I am working on finding him a multi-vitamin right now (he is on only whole oats, so needs something extra), too. I bought a tub of SmartVite Performance (bought it before I found out they've started offering taste tests!), and it has gone over like a lead balloon. The Tractguard and garlic are more or less standard for all the horses, and then we have some who get either Cosequin or Cosequin ASU, and a couple of others on Farrier's Formula also.

You can't beat their customer service, either, and I like (though don't utilize) the fact that you can get things auto shipped along with the Smartpaks. Like flyspray or treats or whatever you use up regularly. Also saves on shipping when you have something you order shipped with the Smartpaks...and even if you don't, the shipping isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven-up View Post
    I have been doing the Smart Paks for a few months now, and I love it! Customer service is outstanding. When I got my first shipment, one of the drawers was broken during shipping. I e-mailed them to ask what I should do, and they sent me a new drawer that arrived in like 2 days.

All 3 of my horses get electrolytes and Black as Knight (2 bays and a grey) and one gets Smart Flex II and another one gets Cool Calories.

The only drawback for me is that the raccoons that live in the woods behind my house figured out how to open the drawers. As of right now, I've outsmarted them, but I know they're in the woods coming up with a plan. I'm about to get one up'ed by some rodents.
    OH my gosh that is way too funny!! I can see them sitting around and plotting their next foray into your feed room!!!
    Kim

oh thats hilarious

my advice: invest in a barn cat or two but probably not a widdle fuzzy kittycat. get something a little "heftier" like a maine coone--i don't believe a raccoon would think twice about coming near one ;] theyre cute and fuzzy, but they're SO BIG! like this.. (not a pic of me, just googled)
    http://community.thenewstribune.com/...ig.preview.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/m...aine-coon3.jpg
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Quote Originally Posted by superpony123 View Post
    oh thats hilarious

my advice: invest in a barn cat or two but probably not a little fuzzy kitty. get something a little "heftier" like a maine coone--i don't believe a raccoon would think twice about coming near one ;]
    I have a big ass dog!! But that's pointless when she sleeps in the house. I also have a ferocious little 10 lb. orange nightmare of a cat. But she sleeps in the house too. I can't have a barn cat. It just has to purr and meow at me sweetly and it becomes a house cat.

I did Smartpaks for a while for Gus. I LOVED them. However, I found other supps that I like that work better then what Smartpak has to offer. So, I had to discontinue the SPs. However, I wouldn't hesistate to use them again and Smartpak is always my prefered company to shop from.

FWIW, some things may be cheaper to do your own "Smartpak" with. This is what I do now. Just pile all the supps into small rubbermaid containers and put them in a drawer. Best part is that it's all reuseable and I can save more $$ by buying in bulk.
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos

This is probably neither here nor there, but raccoons aren't rodents! Good luck with them though. They're smart, opportunistic critters.

And evil....I wouldn't want to be the person to come between a raccoon and its beloved smartpak.

I've had my guy on a SmartPak for about 6 months now and I love it! I also love that I can add/change/delete what's in his SP as needed. Another bonus is that you can use the SmartPak free shipping codes on your autoship, too! Just go into your account and put in the code and the shipping is gone. I haven't paid shipping on my SmartPaks yet!

I love everything about SmartPak!!! The company, the products, the service level, the website, the shipping!! It is all fantastic!!! I highly recommend them