title says it all...of course I would remove it from the can & place it in a microwavable container! Sitting it the sun doesn't work - tried that. I want it thin enough to paint on the soles..NOT the consistancy of pine sap in November.
I sure don't know, but I can't wait to read the replies!
You might consider sitting it in a sink/bucket of hot/warm water as an alternative-
I'm thinking a microwave might send toxic fumes all over the house, or tack room!
Then again, I don't really know what Venice Turpentine is-maybe it's a non-toxic variety.
Venice turpentine is not only very toxic, it is highly flammable. Do Not, I repeat do not microwave it! Warming it does not necessarily change the viscosity. Use it as it! It may be more work, but you really don't want to heat it enough to make it more viscous. If you succeed, you will have it too hot to put on the horses foot.
Put the container in a jar/pot of HOT (even boiling if you desire) water. Let sit. Result: thin venice turpentine!
I've been doing that...running a pot of water thru the coffee pot & then pouring it over the can of VT (whilst sitting in a small bucket). I bought the Hawthorne's brand, but didn't realize it was this thick! I remember a can of Farnam's I had years ago, and it wasn't anywhere near as thick as this! I can't even brush it on the hoof after the hot water bath (letting it sit at least 20 mins)! I pretty much have to dab it on, and feel that I'm wasting a ton of it in the process. This might be the last time I ever use it...it's such a pain.
Get a coffee cup warmer, one of those flat plates that keeps the coffee warm as it it sitting on your desk at work. Put the can on the plate for about 20 minutes. It warms it enough so that it is liquid and easily spreadable.
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past - let us accept our own responsibility for the future.