The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default So who works full time and is getting excited for a 3 DAY weekend to RIDE?!!!!

maybe the title speaks for itself!!!!!

Long LIVE ALL OF US WHO LABOR 8- 16 hours AND STILL RIDE!!!!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by RunForIt View Post
    maybe the title speaks for itself!!!!!

Long LIVE ALL OF US WHO LABOR 8- 16 hours AND STILL RIDE!!!!!!
    I was thinking this very thing today. Plus, the weather is supposed to be wonderful here in New England! (Finally.)
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

I only wish... Competition horse out with a sole bruise and previous competition horse has laminitis... So, 6 horses at home, 2 broodies, 2 foals and 2 injured. That's horses for you

So excited! We have trail riding and a x-c school planned. I had my second ride on our latest CANTER project and although she is a chestnut mare I am in love. I loved her the minute I saw her but we have struggled with the summer tb feet syndrome. Glue on shoes and we will grow some foot I can't wait for the weekend to ride her. I taught her to stretch today and I could just feel her going mmm this is weird but okay. Smart!
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2639/...8c3d2a4158.jpg

I wish. One horse on stall rest and one almost-4 month old foal.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Very excited! If I survive! I spiffed up a couple of our backyard fences to make them scarier so I can try and see what to do when Junior tries his little runout routine. Not that I'm obsessed because I blew the only time in my life I was actually in first place but it does seem to be motivating me. Wish me luck!

yes, can't wait, two of my own sale horses and two sale/boarder horses. but it is still hot here so hoping to be done in the morning.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

So happy!! But since I have a mangled tail bone I will be riding lightly plus I have a massage tomorrow morning for me

If the tail bone wasn't busted I would rather be at an event... but the weekend forecast is for lots of rain so maybe not

I took this morning off to get a head start! Had a lovely trail ride with the new boy and look forward to getting out again over the weekend.
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Well, I wish I was riding. I have a 5 day weekend. Spent yesterday stripping 3 stalls and putting in 6 inches of new base after the last monsoon came up into the bottom of the stalls and my draftx was standing in 5 inches of water. It was something I was waiting til fall to do, not in 90 degree weather
    But at least it is done.
    And now, I am in New England visiting the in-laws. Back on Monday to the swamp. I took Tuesday off too, hopefully there will be no rain and I can ride then!
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

Me! Me!! My family will be home for the weekend. I am volunteering at a local event on Sunday. My daughter and I will ride together tomorrow for the first time in weeks. I'll ride on Monday too. Even with a little predicted rain, I will be a good weekend. Horsey stuff and family all weekend!
    Member of My Balance is Poo Poo Clique