The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free to good homes-pony mares, 1 w/ fancy pony hunter lines- MD **Pictures added**

We are trying to rehome to sweet pony mares. Both are UTD on everything and well cared for, but are going to waste as pasture puffs.

Sarah is a 12 yr. old chestnut QHx mare. She has done a little of everything in her past life, but has been a mom and a pasture ornament for 6 plus years. May have some soundness issues that may or may not limit her usefulness as a riding horse (I know that's vague, but I don't know her whole history and can explain the vagueness to anyone interested). If her issues can be managed she should be well suited as a quiet kid's pony or trail pony. She is super sweet and very mannerly, but will need her soundness issues addressed for riding, and will need some time to get back into being a riding pony. A good home is absolutely priority for her, and her current owners are more than willing to take her back at any time if she doesn't work out or can't be cared for.

Owners have changed the story on us regarding Charlotte, but Sarah is still free to a very good home.

***11/12- Owners have changed their story once again and both mares are now available, free to a very good home.***

Please see my last post for more info on Charlotte.
    Last edited by yellowbritches; Nov. 13, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

Where in MD are the ponies located? My DD has outrgrown her medium and is looking for a large to start working with.

Thanks, Bridgette Pony Mom

PM sent!

The ponies are in Potomac/Montgomery County.

Here is a link to pictures of Charlotte, the 5 yr. old, taken today- http://pets.webshots.com/photo/24163...UhW?vhost=pets

We also sticked her, and while she was spooking at the stick the whole time, we are pretty sure she will stick 14.1, give or take a fraction.

She also proved my theory that if you are firm but kind to her, she'll straighten up and learns fast. She had her whiskers clipped for the first time, and while it took a little while, there was no total meltdown. She wants to be good, she just isn't quite sure how yet!

She's really cute!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Hi Amanda, Is Charlotte still available? Any idea how far you are from DC?

Quote Originally Posted by avalberg View Post
    Hi Amanda, Is Charlotte still available? Any idea how far you are from DC?
    We are in Potomac, which is about 30 minutes outside DC (if that). We are almost exactly 8 miles outside the Beltway.

sent you a pm!
    Happy Hour-TB
    Cowboy Casanova - Brandenburg
    Isadora - Palomino TB

Owners have changed the story on us regarding Charlotte, but Sarah is still free to a good home. Sorry, everybody...very frustrating.

Update: After these mares have sat for two more months with no one interested in buying the younger one, they are now available again, free to a good home. We are very interested in getting these two rehomed quickly. There is some new info on the older one, and she seems like she may be most appropriate as a baby sitter horse or grandkid type leadline pony. I can give more details to anyone interested.

See the link above for pictures of Charlotte. When it stops raining, we'll get some pictures of Sarah.

Just realized that I forgot that I took all of Charlotte's info off the OP.

Charlotte is 5 yrs. old and is by Blue Rain out of the Sarah pony. She has been started under saddle and was going pretty well on the flat, including hacking out the summer of '08. She had also jumped a tiny bit, but nothing serious. She has since basically been sitting, except for the occasional ride. She can be naughty and difficult but comes along quickly when she is dealt with consistently and firmly. If I had the time to do something with her, I would basically start her like an unbroke baby.

She is QUITE cute and very sweet, just spoiled, uneducated, and in need of a routine and a job.

She is not suitable for the two little girls in the family she belongs to, as they are both too timid to deal with her (besides the fact they have three very nice pony geldings they don't ride enough!).

Default I would love some ponies!

I can't believe no one has snatched these girls up! Someone is gonna be one lucky girl to get these two! Good luck on finding them a home, if I had room they would'a been here in a second =)

Is there a video of the younger mare?

Charlotte (the younger) has been placed and should be going to her new home very, very soon. Thank you to her new family! I'm very excited for her.

Sarah is still in need of her new people. I will hopefully be taking a couple of pictures of her today.