The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free yearling colt- super bloodlines

Jack a yearling colt is free to anyone who will handle his medical problem. Jack is a bay colt born in June of 2008 out of Ramble On, the only High Scope stallion in the US and Vixen a 2003 16h Rhinelander mare by Hall of Fame o/o Whickster. Vixen's sire is by the famous Art Deco and her mother is a half sister to the sensational Flim Flam, ridden by Sue Blinks. Vixen has all the makings to be a top competitor. High Scope Ramble On's Sire represented Ireland in the 2000 Olympics before being riden by Bruce Davidson. Just some of his more notable achievements. Jack suffered a fractured skull and will require surgery to fuse the broken bones together. If someone is not willing to take this surgery on, then unfortunaly then he will be put down, as the owner is unable to pay for the surgery. She just had a baby, etc... According to the doctors a favorable recovery is anticipated. I am hoping, or praying that someone wants a incrediable blood line that he can offer. For more information about his Sire and Dam, PLEASE CONTACT ME, AND I WILL GIVE YOUR THE LINK. I will try and post pictures of him from this year. The only pictures on the website were taken just after he was born. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or write about his condiction, aproximate cost for surgery, etc..
    Last edited by Daisey-Bogie; Sep. 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Memebr of Charlie Horse Riding Club.

Bump for those looking.

How long are they going to let a horse stand around with a broken skull while they wait to see if someone will pay for it? Seems cruel to me.

eek!

On top of that, how much is the surgery?

I know they say a free horse is never really free....but still!

Can you offer any details on the nature of the fracture and the type of surgery needed, and also the colt's location and how he is currently doing health-wise?
    Click here before you buy.

Let me first to say the colt is not suffering any pain. As part of the fracture, he has a impainged nerved and slight paralysis(sp). This onlt happened recently. Obviously if we all thought that his quality of life were to be affected, I mean even after the surgery then he would have been put down immediatly. the doctors are serious when they said that they thoutgh the paralysis would go away and he would have a normal qaulity of life. They already had to put down 1 week old colt due to health issues so this group knows the value of when it is time and when to try. He is currently located in Vermont but can be sent anywhere. If you are interested in finding out more about the type of surgery, I know it would leave a scar i can put in contact whith the owners mother who is caring for the colt at her farm and has contact with the vets.

If he is not suffering nor in any pain why not skip the surgery and see if time heals it? Either he needs the surgery for his quality of life and should be euthanized immediately if he isn't getting the surgery soon, or he doesn't. You can't have it both ways.

Default I need to know more

OK I will PM you with my email address.

Thanks
    Darcy