The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Harry Hall Breeches - How Do They Fit?

Just what the title says - do you find that Harry Hall breeches run large or small?

They're pretty average. Maybe a smidge on the big side. Very comfortable, though!

I'd agree, definitely not small. The waist runs true to size, the hips might be a bit fuller than average.

Agree, more on the large side. In fact, my favorite winter breeches are Harrys ... I was able to buy my usual size and still have room to cram a few extra layers underneath.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

well maybe I'm just fat but I thought they ran small! LOL I got a pair off TOTD awhile back in a 32 and I still can't wear them (and this is AFTER losing 30 lbs and fitting into 30's in other brands). Makes me sad seeing the poor pair of breeches sitting on my closet shelf, unused...

KateKat, it's possible that you're not fat at all; maybe your pair was mis-sized. I bought a pair of 30s (forget the brand, but one I'd worn before) a few years ago that I expected to be roomy based on past experience. Couldn't close the waist. Careful measurements revealed that they were actually a pair of 26s that had been mislabeled. Company traded for a correctly sized pair, problem solved. (I realize not an option of TOTD, but should make you feel better anyway!)
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

I like Harry Halls - they are very comfortable although not as durable as other brands. I always take a size smaller than I usually take and that makes me feel gooooood.