The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 Slaughter rescued OTTB mares need excellent home in PA

Located near Hershey, Pennsylvania. I recently rescued a 6 yr old TB mare that was heading to slaugther. I picked her up 3 weeks ago to find her an excellent home. She is a 16.2 hand solid bay. She is nicely put together and would be good for any disipline with some training. She is friendly and really just needs her own person to give her TLC. She is a nice mover, no action knees and is calm in the riding ring. I havent had her on the trail yet, but I think she will be able to handle that fine. She really wants to please.

She really needs some TLC and groceries. She was very thin when I got her. But in time she will make a nice show horse for some or even a broodmare. She is registered, but I do not have the papers. I know who has them just need for him to give them too me. She actually was a half decent race horse and has nice blood lines.

Italian Babe is her name. You can PM me or email ScooterAQHA@comcast.net for pics
    Last edited by hunterjumper22; Sep. 21, 2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added info

Location?

Default mare

Sorry everyone!! She is located in Pennsylvania.

Default mare still available chestnut and a bay in PA

Both mares are still available. My email was down so I couldnt email back. I wasnt really advertising them either, because they both lost shoes and needed them put on.

UPDATE!!! I took the bay mare out trailriding and she did awesome! She doesnt mind bridges, cars, dogs, bikes. She was a pro. She didnt buck, rear, or bolt either. She will make someone an awesome trail, dressage, or show horse. She just needs to put a little weight on and she will be great!!!

Chestnut mare would make a nice pleasure or trail horse. She had old injuries from racing so I dont recommend jumping her.

Call me 717-202-7947 we are 5 miles from Hershey, PA.