The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Attn Breeders in SE - Southern Hospitality Breeders Classic

I was informed this afternoon that this show may possibly go on, despite GDCTA cancelling it 4 days before the closing date due to low entries. Several area breeders are working with another show organizer to take over as sponsors/managers and are waiting for approval from USEF/USDF. I will post more info as soon as it becomes available.

In response to this cancellation SSHA who is having two shows plus the finals the weekend of 9/19-20 in Ocala will accept late entries received by September 16th with no penalties. Details and download of prizelist and entry form here:

http://www.sunshinesporthorses.org/index.html

Please note there are two separate shows on this weekend, so you need to send two separate entry forms for Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    I was informed this afternoon that this show may possibly go on, despite GDCTA cancelling it 4 days before the closing date due to low entries. Several area breeders are working with another show organizer to take over as sponsors/managers and are waiting for approval from USEF/USDF. I will post more info as soon as it becomes available.
    HALLELUJAH!!!!!! Will it be for both days or just one and with which judge?? (I know, prob too soon to tell). Still at Conyers?

I just need ONE SCORE for my filly and there was no way I could make any of the other shows so I was bummed to hear that this show was cancelled.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    HALLELUJAH!!!!!! Will it be for both days or just one and with which judge?? (I know, prob too soon to tell). Still at Conyers?

I just need ONE SCORE for my filly and there was no way I could make any of the other shows so I was bummed to hear that this show was cancelled.
    All I know at this time is that the facility is still secured (GIHP - Conyers). I am pretty sure the judges are also secure. I do not know, though, if they are going to try for a one day or two day show. Early entries were apparently VERY light, but it was a shock to many folks that the show committee decided to cancel before the closing date. Many people wait until the very last minute to send in show entries, esp. folks that are still trying to get registry paperwork for foals and/or working on All Breed Declarations with USDF.

OTOH, entries at the GA breed shows have been dwindling in the past few years as there really aren't very many dedicated breeders in this area, and the economy has made things tough for a lot of people. The timing is also a bit difficult as there are several inspections in the area the week before and week after, and folks do not want to haul to both, so are passing up on the show this year.

There should be more info available today, so stay tuned.

Thanks Chris - I know, this has been a strange year for breed shows. I had planned on taking my horses to their 3rd show here local to me, but first the date got changed, then it was cancelled all together.

I actually opted for the GA show because of distance/time. I didn't want to haul 12 hours to TN when I could go 4 hours to GA. The weekend after the GA show is SE Finals in Ocala which might have affected the GA show's entries. I can't take my filly to that show because of DAD which starts the Tues after the show in Ocala. (the filly is not who I'm taking to DAD)

I heard that the entries were light in GA - it would actually make sense to have it all on one day with both judges judging (one after the other). If Jos did the IBC's I'd enter my IBC as well as the regular class.

I'd offer to help but am returning on Friday from OR.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Original Poster

Word just in - there will be a one-day show at Conyers on Sept. 12, with Jos Sevriens judging. Ann Genovese / Good Horseman Foundation is the new show organizer. A revised prize list is being finalized as we speak and should be available tomorrow. They need volunteers, so if interested in helping, please contact Ann ASAP.

Default GA USDFBC Breed Show is GREEN Light

Hi Everyone.... there were several GA and FL breeders who would have been severely disadvantaged by cancellation of the GA USDFBC show. We received a green light this AM from USEF and USDF to place the USDFBC and IBC classes under The GoodHorseman / Collecting Gaits Farm Dressage show. Unfortunately, since GDCTA would not release the competitions directly, the only recourse was to modify the existing GHF dressage competition to include the breed classes, thus the opportunity for a 2nd qualifying score in GA had to be sacrified. But, we are delighted to get the one qualifying event back on the calendar so that between GA and FL shows, breeders can get their 3 qualifying scores. A big THANK YOU to Ann Genovese for taking this on with less than 2 weeks until show date !!

Show Specifics
    - Saturday, Sep.12.2009 at GA International Horse Park
    - ONE qualifying competition with all of the USDFBC classes
    - IBC classes for 7 breeds
    - Jos Sevriens is the judge for USDFBC and the IBC classes
    - Prize list will be published tonight on http://www.GoodHorseman.org
    - Extended Closing date is Sunday, Sep.6.2009

Will post more information when we finish the revised prize list.

Best of luck to you on the show. Good job in putting something back together.

Hoping we also get a decent turnout the following weekend in FL for the finals.

Fantastic job ladies!!! Huge kudos and thank yous to all concerned!!!!!

I am excited this is back on! I will be there 'grooming' aka visiting with friends and playing with my new camera!
    There are stars in the Southern sky and if ever you decide you should go there is a taste of time sweetened honey.

Original Poster

FWIW, the GDCTA website does not say anything about the show being cancelled, and still contains a link to the show info and prize list. I hope they correct this ASAP, and post info pointing people to the new prize list when it is posted on the Good Horseman site.

Default Good Horseman Breed Show Prize List is Posted

The revised Good Horseman Foundation prizelist including the recently added USDFBC classes and IBC classes is now available on the GHF website. http://www.GoodHorseman.org

A few particulars:
    • Breed classes will be held on Saturday, Sep.6.2009
    • Judge is Jos Sevriens
    • Extended closing date for the breed class entries is Sunday, Sep.6.2009

A big THANKS to Ann Genovese for her generosity in adding the breed classes to her dressage show with less than 2 weeks until show date. The Region 3 dressage sport horse breeders are very appreciative !!

Original Poster

Breed classes will be held on Saturday, Sep.6.2009
    Annetta, I think you mean Sept. 12.

Closing date for the breed show is Sept. 6. There is a typo on the front cover of the revised prized list - it shows a closing date of Aug. 6.

Yes, you are right.... the breed classes are Saturday, Sep.12th. THANKS !!