The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sullivan Farm AHS inspection

Well, If yesterday was hot, today was just as bad LOL!!

I did not have anything in this inspection but can tell you that there wer 9 foals, several AHS mares and no non Hano mares.
    The Carrolls mare by Rotspon/Wolkenstien did the MPT and scored a 7.11
    Top mare was a Winterprinz with a 7.33. The next two mares, a Duphin (can't remember the sire line of the second) also scored 7.33
    The fourth place mare, Desert Moon as sire, had a 7.1
    Ronatella, Rotspon 4 yr old, who stood in 1stplace most of last year in the Markel FEI YH scored a 7.0
    Wei Weltmeyer with a Scolari filly at side-7.0
    Wildcard mare- 7.0
    All the mares were of top quality and all scored 7.0 or above.

There were only 9 foals
    Rouseau, Scolari, El Bundy, Bennetton Dream, Don Federico- forgetting 3 of the foals.
    I am sure I will forget some and so will not put all the names here. A Loxley filly was the top foal-no colt as the numbers were too small for selection. The comment from the inspector was the filly was 3 months old and at the perfect place to be judged development wise.

Maryanna Haymon
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2007 USEF Breeder of the Year!

The Wildcard mare, owned by Barbara Nicks was the third place mare with a 7.33. She was out of a Dueker mare. Also, my Liberty Gold x Donnerschall mare earned a 7.0 to become EE.

Thanks for updating!!
    I knew I forgot at least two if not three. Sorry about that.

congrats on your mares!

Maryanna Haymon
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2007 USEF Breeder of the Year!

The other two foals were by De Laurentis and Rosario. Our De Laurentis colt was mentioned by the judges as being a spectacular moving colt , and our trainer, Dawn Jensen, who's husband is German, and who is fluent in German, heard them discussing in German the results of the foals...they really liked him, as well. He is owned by Marilyn Gilligan, the lady that also had the Winterprinz mare there that was High Scoring Hanoverian Mare.

Default Pictures!

Here are some pictures form Arielle Perry of the Champion Mare, and the other really nice moving colt the judges liked, that was owned by Marilyn Gilligan:

Winterprinz x Diamont Mare:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...alPrincess.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...lPrincess2.jpg

And the De Laurentis x Rouletto Colt:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...rse11/AHS2.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...rse11/AHS1.jpg
    Last edited by flyinghorse; Sep. 1, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Flyinghorse, respectfully. Marydell reported that they only named Top Filly because there was not a sufficient number to name both a top filly and top colt. And AHS does not score or rank foals. So, while the DeLaurentis colt may have gotten very good comments, it appears it would not be accurate to say that he was the "#2 foal" and it is really quite unfair to the other people who presented foals to do so. And fwiw, this observation is coming from someone who thinks foal inspection results are of limited and, occasionally, dubious value.

I have editted it just for you, Yankee Lawyer...No offense taken, and there were only 8 foals total. Officially, no there was no #2, but it was decided between those two. My trainer was standing next to the judges when they were discusssing the top foal. They were speaking in German, and my trainer is fluent (her husband is German, she goes to Germany Yearly for family visits and training trips, and she rode auction horses at the Celle in Germany for several months) She actually overheard them deciding between the De Laurentis Colt and the Locksley filly. Believe me, she doesn't hand out compliments, nor does she try to blow smoke where the sun doesn't shine. She is very honest and blunt (German trained,) and was just telling us what was being discussed. I am certainly not trying to take away from anyone else that was there...sorry I offended you, Yankee Lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinghorse View Post
    I have editted it just for you, Yankee Lawyer...No offense taken, and there were only 8 foals total. Officially, no there was no #2, but it was decided between those two. My trainer was standing next to the judges when they were discusssing the top foal. They were speaking in German, and my trainer is fluent (her husband is German, she goes to Germany Yearly for family visits and training trips, and she rode auction horses at the Celle in Germany for several months) She actually overheard them deciding between the De Laurentis Colt and the Locksley filly. Believe me, she doesn't hand out compliments, nor does she try to blow smoke where the sun doesn't shine. She is very honest and blunt (German trained,) and was just telling us what was being discussed. I am certainly not trying to take away from anyone else that was there...sorry I offended you, Yankee Lawyer.
    You didn't offend me - not to worry. I am sure your boy is super; I just could see how another owner whose foal was presented that day might be upset / have their feelings hurt if they read the comment re #2. Just be happy the inspectors you had bothered to take the time to actually discuss the "top foal" candidates. They are not always so attentive.

I always feel privilaged to be so lucky as to be breeding horses that are nice enough to sell to great owners like Marilyn! That one was sold In-Utero.