The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Sorry, Showhunter! I figured it was a bit of a hike, it has been a long while since I lived over yonder. I'm thinking that you're going to have to drive to find what you're looking for, unfortunately. Unless you have some contacts and are willing to really beat the bushes to find a diamond in the rough. Are you looking for TB, Warmblood or are you willing to look at QH/Paints? Sadly, the H/J scene east of the mountains is not as extensive as the west side. Road trips are fun
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveGirl83102 View Post
    How about a good barn to board at in Spokane in general? I need something with daily turnout and good fencing. Any recommendations (or where not to go?)??
    I do dressage, but I'm not hard core about it.
    I'll add another recommendation for Prairie Sky, where I board. It is reasonably priced (especially compared to the west coast!) has good, daily turnout (except Sundays) with safe fencing, runs attached to each stall, a great indoor arena (big with good, well-maintained footing), genuinely caring and competent owners who do an excellent job of maintaining the place and looking after the horses. There are also two outdoor arenas for summer riding, a round pen, and a huge field you can ride around most of the year, and can ride on it after harvest time. They are one of the very few places that feed hay three times per day in this area and the quality of the hay is awesome.

Gary has a great selection of young stock. I would contact him first. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he or Yvette (his wife) can point you in the right direction. PM me if you want contact info

Thanks for all the Spokane Boarding Recommendations!
    I looked at a few yesterday, and I'm making a spreadsheet of the different barns around Spokane.
    If anyone in the Future is looking for boarding in Spokane I'd be happy to share my list!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

Question New information on Spokane H/J trainers?

Hi,

I would like to reactive this thread. Does anyone have updated information about H/J trainers in the Spokane area? I will be relocating there soon.

From my research Gary Striker has moved/moving from the area. So I think that only leaves Betty Hirst?

What about quality boarding facilities..... Indoor/outdoor arenas, box stalls with daily turnout etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Gary Striker is in CA now. I believe Karen O'Neal (eventer, but did h/j before that) might be in Spokane now? I'm on the other side of the state, so probably not a good source of info!

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Karen is in Spokane and is worth a visit--she is an event trainer/rider and is very, very good. Sadly, there simply isn't a super strong English scene on the east side of WA.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Katie Siegel-McNab of Tyler Farm took over teaching Gary Striker's clients. She teaches out of Marshland Farm.

1 members found this post helpful.

If you are interested in quality boarding (and trailering to lessons with whoever you want), I highly recommend Prairie Sky Equestrian Center (where I board). I am pretty much the only person who jumps there (everyone else mostly does dressage), but the care is top quality. We have box stalls (matted with shavings) with runs and turnout every day except Sundays. They are fed top quality hay three times a day (a true rarity around here), grain once a day, and we have a beautiful indoor arena, several outdoor rings, and a large hay field we can ride around. It is a fairly quiet barn and the price is very reasonable. I think we are full at the moment, but often have openings in the early spring.

I did take over Gary's business. If you want more info, PM me.

I also have a business page on Facebook- Tyler Farms Hunters and Jumpers

Thanks
    Katie Siegel

Hi Katie,
    Gary Striker is interested in possibly coming to our barn to train in Central CA.
    I have a daughter who does the Jr Eq and we have 2 horses. Can you give me any information on him. Why did he leave his business there? Any information you give me will be confidential. Thank you!
    Daria Lott
    (831) 869-8221