The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It's Payback Time!

The SHN PAYBACK program is ready to launch the 2010 breeding purchase season on September 1, 2009.

Already listing over 300 champion stallions of all breeds, mare owners can save 50% on regular stud fees. Breedings are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

The 2010 Roster can be seen here:

http://www.shnpayback.com/Stallions.html

Details including money-back guarantee, are available on the PAYBACK website.

SHN PAYBACK INC. is a 501(c)(5) non-profit.

Stinks that almost all the non-arab stallions are for arab mares only Is there a time limit to that, as if they aren't sold by a certian date they'll be open to all mares? I think I remember there being quite a few of them from last year that wound up not selling too.
    ---------------------------

~Once you have ridden the tiger it is impossible to dismount~

What a great program! I bought a breeding from SHN earlier this year, and will likely buy another this year
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

We did this for Apiro as his breeding was sold last year immediately following being posted just so that it will give the Arabian breeders a chance at it. If it doesn't sell within 30 days, we will open it up to all breeds.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

These stallion owners aren't in the charity business. It is in their best interest to get some Arab crosses on the ground, so they can win $$ too!

I must say that I am thrilled that these owners see these crosses as a positive for their stallions and really embrace this program. Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus44 View Post
    These stallion owners aren't in the charity business. It is in their best interest to get some Arab crosses on the ground, so they can win $$ too!

I must say that I am thrilled that these owners see these crosses as a positive for their stallions and really embrace this program. Thank you all!
    this is a great program...it's FOR the arab mare owners...so that arab warmblood crosses have the best pedigrees avail..KUDOS to the founders of this program...HUGE impact, huge success....we applaud you...
    we hopefully will be participating next year. .with a purchase...our stallion, A.O. Breeze was sold this year and his new owner promptly nominated him. One of his fillies will be shown at SHN this year in response...thank you all. and please support this ....it's great opportunity for all..if it were not, wonderful stallion owners like Angela Barilar, and so many others , would not be participating...

So is it only one breeding per stallion? And its for the price listed? What about different time zones and when it starts? I feel like I am on stand by to get Bon Jovi tickets online before they sell out! Finger on the purchase button...all systems go! Whadda ya mean I got booted offline...
    "To my Gub... Godspeed my friend, till we meet again." 1996-2007.
    Runway (Sasha) 2009 Zweibrucker filly by Redwine.

"Silence is golden...and duct tape is silver."

Yes, one breeding per stallion, starts at midnight EDT. First come, first served, just like Bon Jovi!

We chose to have Nevada's breeding for Arabian or Anglo-Arab mares only as we are really interested in seeing more of those type of crosses, even though the foals out of Anglo-Arab mares will not be eligable for the Payback awards..

I often receive emails from SHN Payback and have never understood what this is about. Could someone please give me some insight what it is and why I get emails and what the reason is of this program??? Thanks in advance.
    Gwendolyn
    http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
    Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabians

Quote Originally Posted by aurum View Post
    I often receive emails from SHN Payback and have never understood what this is about. Could someone please give me some insight what it is and why I get emails and what the reason is of this program??? Thanks in advance.
    Its my understanding that this program was started to generated prize $$ for competitors and breeders at the Arabian & Half Arabian Sport Horse Nationals. Stallion owners donated 1 breeding to be purchased at 50% of the advertised price. That one breeding nominates all of his Arabian bred foals for prize $$ at SHN. If those foals win at SHN there is a kickback to the stallion owner.

This has proved to be a brilliant idea! This year there is close to $50,000 in prize $$ at SHN generated by this program. And I'm sure 2010 will be more

I have a Hanoverian approved Arabian mare and I'm hoping that a few Hanoverian stallions join this program, as I really want to support this program by purchasing a breeding.

The 2 Top Sires (sires of the most winners in the entire show) split 10% of the total prize money raised. This year that will be $2500 each.

With the first nomination of the stallion, all of his offspring conceived that year and any already on the ground are eligible for life to win the Payback money. Subsequent foaling years require subsequent year donations. There are no fees whatsoever to participate!

This year, we will Payback in 20 classes (in all disciplines) offered at the show. Each class will split $2,250 between Champion, Reserve and/or Top Ten.

This program was started for several reasons. Primarily it was a way to raise money to reward those Arabian bred horses (purebred, Half Arab, and Anglo Arabian) competing in the Sport type disciplines. Too often the Arabian association would not give these horses equal consideration in their prize money programs. So SHN Payback was born to correct this oversight. (SHN = Sport Horse Nationals). The goal being, to encourage the breeding of highly competitive sport horses with Arabian blood.

Other benefits of the program are: It helps mare owners (any breed of mare) by providing a single resource they can go to inorder to find a stallion that they know is a champion or a sire of champions (required for stallions to be in the program) and they can purchase the breeding at half price. Then, if the foal is Arabian bred, it encourages the owners to show this foal throughout its life with the incentive of winning the prize money ($50,000 this year). It also helps mare owners because the program is completely FREE. There are no nomination fees of any kind. This also benefits the foal itself, as it helps to ensure it will get the training so it can be competitive. There is also cooperative advertising for all get of the enrolled stallions, plus a page on the website to list progeny for sale that are sired by enrolled stallions. It also makes the foals more marketable by having them eligible to win prize money throughout their lives that only the progeny of enrolled stallions can win. The design of the program as a first-come first-served instead of an auction is because people these days are too busy to keep checking back to see if they have won their breeding. This eliminates the hassle of repeated bidding and of wondering how high the bidding may go.

It helps the stallion owners because they get free advertising by being a part of a program that is given extremely high visibility through weekly mailings, press releases both online and in glossy magazines, and on the website where thousands of mare owners shop daily. It also makes the stallion owners eligible to win 5 % of the total earnings each year. This year, the top two sires at the SHNs will each get $2,500. This is computed by tabulating the winnings of their get in all classes at the show. This in turn, encourages the breeding of foals with enough Arabian blood to qualify to compete. And unlike futurity programs, once a stallion is enrolled, all of his get of any age are automatically and immediately enrolled. Plus, many mare owners will only breed to SHN Payback enrolled stallions to ensure their foals have the marketing boost and advertising options that other foals do not. Stallion owners are also eligible to participate in the cooperative advertising done by the SHN Payback program to further increase the visibility of their stallions without incurring a huge cost. Stallion owners also benefit by the incentive this prize money gives the owners of their stallion's get, making it more likely his offspring will be promoted in the ring.

The money raised each year is 100% paid back out to the participants. None of the money is retained for administration costs.

I think that about sums it up.
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

So starts at midnight eastern time? So here in Calif. it would be at 3 am?

No wait, 9 pm! UGH!!!

Thanks for doing the math for everyone :-)

My pleasure...

I guess I'll have to find someone one the East Coast to grab the two breedings I want My bank account would thank me to get them through SHN, rather than pay full price.
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

You can grab them at 9 your time...Easterners don't get any advantage.

New slideshows of the Stallions here:

http://www.shnpayback.com/Slideshows.html