The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone switch from Succeed to Smart Digest Ultra?

My gelding has been on Succeed for about 4 months now and has shown a marked difference in attitude/coat/overall appearance, etc. I love the stuff, but also love to be able to afford to eat. The Smart Digest Ultra looks to have comparable ingredients, etc. I realize one drawback is the powder but, frankly, leaving something on one's plate really isn't something Fisher does, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Has anyone else made the switch? Thoughts?
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

i have been wanting to put my horse on a supplement like succeed for a while now but hesitated because of the price, didnt feel like paying for their pricey advertising budget. i noticed that smartpak came out with smart digest ultra 2 months ago and the ingredients had enough in common it was worth the chance to try it. very happy with the results as far as i can tell, although my horse never had noticeable digestive issues in the first place...it just seemed like a good maintenance program to be on for gut health.

Yes! I have an ulcer-prone 7 year old OTTB whom I've treated with omeprazole, then put on Succeed. He came through with flying colors and after the 3 months of Succeed, was successfully switched to SmartDigest Ultra. I've been extremely happy with it and definitely like the reduced cost as compared to Succeed.

FoxChaser, how did you do the switch? I was thinking a month with half and half?
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

I think I ran out of Succeed and switched over to SmartDigest Ultra cold turkey. Might not be the best idea, but I would think you could switch over in a matter of days rather than weeks and weeks. The products aren't that different

Another cold turkey switcher! I had been using Succeed for over 6 months, and I finally decided I was tired of paying $$$. Me and the BO switched after we ran out of Succeed. I must say, both horses are eating better on Smart Digest Ultra than the Succeed. I think it must taste better. So far so good.