The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kudos to DVCTA event at Carousel Park

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the volunteers at the DVCTA horse trials today at Carousel Park near Wilmington, Delaware. We had a monsoon last night but the "event elves" redid the fence decorations, put down a lot of bluestone and overall presented a horse-friendly competition. There were 22 in the Elementary Division (2' and under), and all had a positive experience.

Good work, DVCTA and many thanks.

I rode my guy in his first event at BN and we had a fantastic time. The event is one of my favorites. I loved the stadium course with all the nice changes of direction and it was very nicely decorated. The x-c always rides well and the fences are beautifully constructed. Everything ran smoothly and the volunteers are awesome.

It is one of my favorite places to take the horses to school. Beautiful x-c jumps and great footing with hills (hard to find in Delaware).

Another great event from DVCTA with cheerful volunteers, great courses and wonderful ribbons and prizes - all for $85!!

I was there in the morning debuting at Training level ( a VERY successful day for my mare and I) and there were a lot of questions about the footing - everyone making sure the footing was fine, which it was. I missed Carousel last year, so this was my first year experiencing their water complex and it rides great. They have some really nice new jumps this year and great questions for a horse new to Training.

This is their first year for the Training Division and I thought it was a great course. I also enjoyed stadium, with the turns and nice decorations!

As always, the volunteers are excellent - very polite no matter how many times I walked up to the secretary's stand to ask if they pinned the class yet.

This weekend was the first time I 'rode for a ribbon'. I loved the fact that they gave out completion ribbons made commemorating our first Training, whether or not we got into the ribbons! That is a GREAT idea - for kids and adults alike!

I was volunteering at the start box all day, and so many riders took the time to say thanks. Just a really positive event with nice people!
    "A canter is a cure for every evil." -Benjamin Disraeli

Another thumbs up for the crew from DVCTA. All around great event with great people, great courses. Does anyone know if they are thinking about making the move to recognized? The training course had some fairly descent questions on it.

Anyone know who the photographer was? She was snapping pics of the morning dressage and a lot of the XC

Default photographer

http://www.annieduncan.com/site/

Go to the proofs page and register. She will send you a user ID and password so that you can view your pictures.

Big thanks to DVCTA and their volunteers for a great event.